Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on putting fog lights in my 05 coupe and then HID's. I was going to do 3000K hid's so I was wondering if it would be smart or stupid to get the yellow lens fog lights, do they add anything other than looks at that point? I assume with the hid's they won't look too much different than the clear or smoked lens fogs. I'm leaning towards clear or smoked.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
You should not put HID kits in fog reflector fog lights (or any other halogen-based light for that matter). There's no benefit to you the driver and there's immense glare to oncoming traffic. There are good reasons HID kits are illegal and unsafe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
u could try to get the bulb tip coated to reduce the glare. i got mine done and so far, i havnt been flashed by oncoming traffic. just my two cents...:D

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
u could try to get the bulb tip coated to reduce the glare. i got mine done and so far, i havnt been flashed by oncoming traffic. just my two cents...:D
But the glare comes from other places in addition to the tip. Any time you increase the lumens you get an increase in glare and this problem is magnified with the small size of the fog light and the fact that HID kits generate light in areas that the halogen fog light reflector is not designed to handle. Read here and learn why HID kits are dangerous in any halogen lamp.

And not being flashed by oncoming traffic is meaningless. Many tests have been done where oncoming traffic when faced with high beams has not flashed. Using your logic this means that driving with high beams on all the time is OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts