Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone its been a while...:wave:

Well I was just woundering is it really bad for my car that i'm driving with my K&N cold air intake in winter? I heard stuff and winter is pretty harsh here in montreal..

Usually I change it to the short ram for winter but, I got hurt at work and have 2 herniated disks so my mouvements are limited....(it makes from september)

I was thinking that in spring, I would change the filter because it probably got really dirty but I havent checked..

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Check this link out, Doude takes his off in the winter.

CAI

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
I think it's already to late don't you think? It's already February, half way to March.

I don't know how cold it gets in Canada, but here in Vegas, it got down to like 20 degrees. And my car was acting up, and drinking gas like crazy! :thumbsdow

I don't see why you would need to replace it? :dunno: It's K&N, you would just have to clean it.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
CAI's are only really worth it when it's warm out. Otherwise, air density screws up performance and drains power and MPG.
However, it's a little too late now to take it off (especially if your back is hurting). Next year, swap it out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahah I know its too late... But was just woundering. I did notice that its been using more fuel and stuff.. And the weather here is usually around -15 to -30 celcius... And I never had problems starting her up :)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts