Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was removing my driver side mirror and one of the 5mm nuts that holds the mirror on fell down between the inside door panel and the door. It sounded as if it went all the way down to the bottom. My question is, can I pry out the bottom of the door panel and unclip the door panel at the bottom without removing any of the screws behind the door latch and arm rest? I am thinking the nut will probably just fall out.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Maybe. The door is sealed with a weather-protected plastic sheet. However, it is not hard to remove two screws under the door handle so the panel can come further away from the door to help the screw fall out. If you remove the two screws behind the door latch and pop the window/lock panel, you can just pull the door panel completely away from the door to find the screw.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Take the time and remove the screws or else Murphy's law kicks you in the junk.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response, I knew deep down that it was probably a no go. I will go buy a panel tool and do it the right way.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Thanks for the response, I knew deep down that it was probably a no go. I will go buy a panel tool and do it the right way.
If it's not hurting anything, why not just leave the nut where it is and get another nut?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's not hurting anything, why not just leave the nut where it is and get another nut?
I was thinking of that also... I do not hear it moving around and with it being between the panel and the door, will not hurt anything. I currently have the mirror being held on with the other two nuts. Buying another nut sounds like a plan :thmsup: I have been thinking of upgrading the speakers so I will probably retrieve the nut when I do the speaker upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts