(hence the assist of the jack stands)

IMG_3387.jpg

as shown use the hole closest to the center of the car

this is what the screw looks like

IMG_3389.jpg

screwdriver inserted in opening

IMG_3392.jpg

only needs about 2-3 turns to loosen up

once you do that now you need to pry off the black trim around the foglight with the small flat head as shown

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

pull from the innermost part towards the outside, should snap off easily

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cont...

Now there is going to be 2 screws holding the foglight to the frame as shown, remove carefully not to drop them

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

once those are off pull the foglight assembly out as shown

IMG_3399.jpg

now just disconnect the stock bulb and everything is out

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

TO REASSEMBLE JUST DO THE SAME IN REVERSE IT WILL BE EASIER TO ASSEMBLE AGAIN

hope this helps let me know if you have questions

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hid ballast mount

IF INSTALLING HIDS I JUST ZIP-TIED THE BALLAST TO THE FRAME ABOVE WHERE THE FOG LIGHT SITS AS SHOWN

IMG_3403.jpg

THEN JUST PLUG ALL YOUR CONNECTIONS FOR THE HIDS AND YOUR SET :banana:

FORGOT TO MENTION PROCEDURE IS THE SAME FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS SIDE

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks man! I was going to put some HIDS in the fogs but its too cold for that, Ill definable be using this when spring comes along.

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
This should probably get a sticky

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man! I was going to put some HIDS in the fogs but its too cold for that, Ill definable be using this when spring comes along.
No problem
Thankfully I'm in southern Cali so I'm able to do it without freezing :banana:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I thought I read in another thread that fog light replacement is one of those jobs where there is a simpler method, like maybe replacing from under the hood?

·
Registered
480 Posts
These are great instructions if you need to take the fog lights out. Thanks for the great pics, OP!

But if you just need to change bulbs, you can remove the battery (takes about 90 seconds) and just reach down and change the driver side bulb. For the passenger side, just remove 1 clip/pin from under the bumper and you can reach up and change the bulb easily from underneath.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nice DIY. Will definitely come back to this when it comes time to replace the bulbs. Seems like there are multiple ways to do that.

This should probably get a sticky
This is probably not the place to bring this up, but I've always wondered why we don't have either a DIY subforum in the generation forums, or generation subforums in the DIY forum. Seems like that would make it a lot easier to browse/search all the DIYs people have put together for your specific car, and it would be a lot less cluttered than stickying everything. Sure you can search for specific things, but there are a lot of cool ideas that people may or may not think to search for, but would want to do once they stumble across it. Of course, I'm sure it'd be a massive undertaking to move all those threads around.

·
Wish i cud piss 93 octane
40 Posts
Made the same. Сhanged to diodes, looks much better.
Can you help me with diodes please. Which ones did you get ? What company what color what price and last question i promise :paranoid: .... how are they compared to HID's.
Reason, I'm asking is because I want yellow fogs and I haven't been able to find bright yellow HID's for fogs ....:dunno:
Thanks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The phillips from under the car, is that screwed into the black faceplate or the Lense housing?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts