Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was quoted for a 2013 Honda Accord EXL coupe in July for $26,848.94 OTD. This includes dealer's accessories like cargo tray, wheel locks, paint/fabric protection, mud flaps, and whole lot of other stuff. I wasn't really impressed by the price at the time because I saw someone else who bought it for less months before that. Anyways, fast forward to now I really need to buy the car before December ends. I was wondering if I can still use this quote or try to negotiate a lower price. The reason I'm asking is because they have actually raised the price since the last time I was negotiating with them. I know it's crazy. Don't understand why a car on the lot suddenly appreciated in price instead of depreciating. I was thinking of just going with the current price but OTD is more than $1000 than what I would've paid in July. I'd be pretty happy if I can get the OTD to $25,000 or less.

Sales price was $24,972.00. Pretty sure the price includes destination and the tax rate in Texas is 6.25%.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
You should be able to get a better price on a 2014 EXL Coupe now. Honda is giving their dealers $3,000 rebates to move metal off the lots by New Years. If the dealer has any 2013 cars you should be able to buy them even cheaper because although they are new they have depreciated since the 2014 cars have come out. If you are planning on keeping the car for a long time, over five years, the depreciation won't matter as much as the condition and milage when you go to sell or trade the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be able to get a better price on a 2014 EXL Coupe now. Honda is giving their dealers $3,000 rebates to move metal off the lots by New Years. If the dealer has any 2013 cars you should be able to buy them even cheaper because although they are new they have depreciated since the 2014 cars have come out. If you are planning on keeping the car for a long time, over five years, the depreciation won't matter as much as the condition and milage when you go to sell or trade the car.
$3000?!?!?! I'm definitely going to push harder for a lower price then. When I was negotiating last time the salesman was very conservative with the price. I think the lowest he was willing to go was $26,500 after I told him that's how much my friend he bought his car for MONTHS before. I thought of getting the 2014 as well but the more I thought about it I figured the extra dollars weren't worth it for me. Someone suggested I go through Costco to get the best price. Is this true?

·
Registered
394 Posts
You can also get a pretty good price if you are a AAA member as well. They will bring the car to your house

·
Registered
26 Posts
$3000?!?!?! I'm definitely going to push harder for a lower price then. When I was negotiating last time the salesman was very conservative with the price. I think the lowest he was willing to go was $26,500 after I told him that's how much my friend he bought his car for MONTHS before. I thought of getting the 2014 as well but the more I thought about it I figured the extra dollars weren't worth it for me. Someone suggested I go through Costco to get the best price. Is this true?
I used TrueCar.com. It's great and saved time wasted with the salesman. I was in/out under an hour. Then went next week for the pick up because we added the remote starter, which we only paid $250 for the parts. Dealer should honor quoted price even it's not from them from TrueCar printed voucher.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used TrueCar.com. It's great and saved time wasted with the salesman. I was in/out under an hour. Then went next week for the pick up because we added the remote starter, which we only paid $250 for the parts. Dealer should honor quoted price even it's not from them from TrueCar printed voucher.
I've asked this before but is the truecar price before TTL or after?

You can also get a pretty good price if you are a AAA member as well. They will bring the car to your house
:scratch: WHA?! I'm not an AAA member but some of the other members of my family are.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's before TTL. Additional $2k for TTL. Plus, I reused my old car registration, saved ~$30-$50.
Ahhhhh~ I see. Thank you :) . Truecar actually lists the car at a higher price than what the dealership is currently selling for online. I thought about using different zipcodes but there wasn't that big of a difference in price :T
The dealerships in north Texas are a real pain to work with sometimes. They hate negotiating prices cus they said they already listed the lowest price they're willing to sell for.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ahhhhh~ I see. Thank you :) . Truecar actually lists the car at a higher price than what the dealership is currently selling for online. I thought about using different zipcodes but there wasn't that big of a difference in price :T
The dealerships in north Texas are a real pain to work with sometimes. They hate negotiating prices cus they said they already listed the lowest price they're willing to sell for.
Yup. TX seem to get the lowest compare to other states. I did brought up about price in TX, someone got it for under $19k on the 2013 accord sport. So I end up with $24k after TTL with reused of my registration license plate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup. TX seem to get the lowest compare to other states. I did brought up about price in TX, someone got it for under $19k on the 2013 accord sport. So I end up with $24k after TTL with reused of my registration license plate.
I was reading through the price paid forum and my face went :jawdrop: when couple people said they got their exl for around 23k. I'd buy in a heartbeat if that were the case.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I was reading through the price paid forum and my face went :jawdrop: when couple people said they got their exl for around 23k. I'd buy in a heartbeat if that were the case.
People are buying the EX-L for $23,000? :eek: I've been through the last couple of pages of that thread a few times but didn't notice that. Wow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do your research here and on edmunds forum. Buy toward the end of this month.
I'm planning on maybe dropping the ball on either the 27th or 28th and just email them on the day and say I can buy that day if the price is right.

People are buying the EX-L for $23,000? :eek: I've been through the last couple of pages of that thread a few times but didn't notice that. Wow.
I can't remember the exact amount but it was LOOOOOW. I remember thinking that if that was the price I was offered then I won't even think twice before handing them my money. I was very envious :yes:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Our good friends here in WI have bought their last 3 or 4 new vehicles in TX. They didn't make a special trip for it because their daughter lives in TX, but I would think that if the price is low enough to make up for airfare or whatever to TX it would be doable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I just got off the phone with a dealership I'm planning on working with. Just wanted to find out if they had the color I wanted and definitely gave them wayyyyy too much information. Before I knew it I was telling them how much I was planning on putting down as the downpayment, how much I wanted to pay monthly, and that I'm going to take advantage of the college program. Me and my big mouth :headbash::headbash::headbash:

·
Registered
684 Posts
So I just got off the phone with a dealership I'm planning on working with. Just wanted to find out if they had the color I wanted and definitely gave them wayyyyy too much information. Before I knew it I was telling them how much I was planning on putting down as the downpayment, how much I wanted to pay monthly, and that I'm going to take advantage of the college program. Me and my big mouth :headbash::headbash::headbash:
Don't sweat it. Buy this package:

http://www.fightingchance.com

It's about $50. You'll get all the information you need to turn the tables on the dealers. You're buying a commodity. Treat it as such. You can still take whatever car you buy to your dealership for service - they're not going to turn you down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't sweat it. Buy this package:

http://www.fightingchance.com

It's about $50. You'll get all the information you need to turn the tables on the dealers. You're buying a commodity. Treat it as such. You can still take whatever car you buy to your dealership for service - they're not going to turn you down.
I'm still fuming at myself but since I'm thinking of going through costco under someone else's name hopefully my info doesn't popup.

Maybe 2013s. That sounds low for a '14
The cheap prices were for the 2013 but some people had hard to believe prices for the 14's as well. The $23k doesn't seem so out there anymore after I was quoted $24.5k sales price and with flex and college program it brings the price down to $23.5k. $23k for OTD is truly mind blowing though. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong :dunno:. Guess it's time I go through the price paid forum again.

EDIT: went through the price paid forum again and I don't even know where I pulled out $23k. Must have been really tired while reading through the forum one day.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts