Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my car gave me a Christmas gift today. I went to start up the car and notice there is no display on the radio and most of the HVAC lights went out. The only lights that work is the AC and recycle air button. My radio is 7BC0 and is the 6 disc cd changer. Car is 2004 accord ex.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Before I yanked the factory stereo and replaced it with an Alpine/Metra, I was having to removed the radio fuse because the stereo display backlight was staying on and killing the battery. At night I noticed this fuse also powers the HVAC button illumination, so it's something to check. Of course if it blew, you've got to find out why. As I recall it's a red 10A, bottom row, 3 or 4 from the left. There should be a sticker on the back of the fuse panel cover to verify.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The illumination on the radio/hvac and the LCD is controlled by the radio block itself, the CD changer block which is what the faceplate connects to. Most of the time a fuse inside of this assembly burns out which causes this problem. There are some threads around the forum on which fuse to fix on the DIY section. If your fuse box radio fuse is fine, then this is most likely what's going on.

I had the problem where SOME buttons were not illuminated so I popped the block open and resoldered some resistors that had a bad connection to the board.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have exact same problem with my 05 accord with navigation. There's no display on my radio (tiny screen that show radio station, auto climate control temperature, clock) and the backlight on all of the buttons do not light up. The radio/cd/xm doesn't work either. The DVD navigation screen works perfectly however....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Do you think it's the fuse box?
its not the fuse box, its a 5a fuse inside the radio itself there is a great youtube video on it. i just soldered it and it works perfectly now. and its a common problem with this gen accord

·
Registered
47 Posts
If its the fuse in the radio, the radio should still work. Mine doesn't.

The screen doesn't work and the radio/cd player doesn't work in my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts