Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Strong Island Accord
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

my radio flashes on and off even when the car is powered off and locked..i can see through my windows at night and my radio is flashing on and off ..what could this be?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If it's a little red LED light, it's just the anti-theft light on your stereo. It's supposed to keep your stereo from being stolen.

·
Strong Island Accord
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No ..it's not the anti-theft light. It's the actual stereo face that bilinking on and off. Where you see the station that you're listening to, the time etc..it's that face not the anti-theft

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Does the radio work? If no, you might have to re enter your security code. Is it flashing CODE? I think I read somewhere that the radio lights will blink when it is requiring the security code. :dunno:

The battery was disconnected from my vehicle and now my radio display is flashing "CODE" and the radio doesn't work. Where can I find my radio code?

If an audio unit with theft protection is disconnected from electrical power, you must enter a unique code into the unit or it will not work. This code and the audio unit's serial number are listed on the anti-theft ID card that comes with the vehicle. If this card is lost, you must obtain the audio unit serial number in order to get the radio code. Once you have the audio unit serial number, you can go to the Radio & Navigation System Micro-site to retrieve your radio code. Some newer vehicles allow you to retrieve the audio unit serial number electronically from the radio. Refer to your owner's manual for the specific procedure. Most older vehicles (model year 2003 and older) require a visit to the dealer in order to retrieve the audio unit serial number. If dealer assistance is required to retrieve your serial number, the dealer will be able to provide the radio code as well.

http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=All

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
What model car you have etc.? Please put on your sig or other.

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Your car needs an exorcism.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
my friend with a 6th gen accord has the exact same problem. the clock backlighting just blinks nonstop. dunno whats the problem

·
Strong Island Accord
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IT'S A 2004 ACCORD LX 4CYL. YES, THE CLOCK LIGHT BLINKS ON AND OFF AND THE STEREO WILL ACTUALLY STAY ON WHEN THE KEY IS OUT OF THE IGNITION.:dunno:

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Like I said, your car's gonna need an exorcism. The 7th gens are notorious about being possessed by demons, and those demons will definitely do things like make your radio backlight flash on and off. The one that's in my car likes to play with my driver's window and passenger door lock. The window won't roll up sometimes when I roll it down, but I think I've got that fixed now, and the passenger door won't lock or unlock automatically. I've gotta push and pull the lock tab to make that work. Anyway, a little background info on the demons and how to get rid of them... Kiichiro Toyoda, the founder of Toyota, was pretty upset at Soichiro Honda when he started making automobiles and interfering with Toyota's share of the market, so he vowed to come back and really mess up Honda one day. You ever heard of Emperor Qin's terracotta army? If not... http://archaeology.about.com/od/china/a/terracotta.htm Anyway, Kiichiro Toyoda vowed to do the same kinda. He wanted to get revenge on Honda and starting in 2003 he sent out an army of demons to possess our beloved Accords. I mean, it's not crappy quality parts. Honda's notorious for durability. I've had friends drive Hondas til the wheels fall off lol. But yeah, demons... Toyoda got revenge on the 7th gen Accords by causing automatic transmission failures, 3rd gear synchronizer failures on the 6 speeds, radio backlights going out, and even messing with our odometer. Yeah that's right. If you haven't noticed, all 7th gen Accords odometers are off, which means that your exact mph is off by 1 mph. I verified this with my GPS. Not many people know the way to get rid of the exorcism though, but since you're really popular on this forum, I'll tell ya... Ever heard of the dangerous mountaintop restaurant in China? Well, here's the directions to get there... http://blogpig.co.uk/2008/05/the-hilltop-restaurant-in-china/ The restaurant owner is also an exorcist. Go there and get him and the two of you have to perform the exorcism on the lands of Madagascar. Don't worry, he'll teach you how to do exorcisms. I've done this once before. After the exorcism, you have to do exactly 1937.0828 (the year and month/day Toyota was founded) donuts in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Destin, FL. By the way, hit up the beaches there. It's a nice vacation spot. So if you don't do that exact amount of donuts, your car won't get a force field that protects you from future demons possessing your car. But yeah, if all goes well, you'll definitely succeed in fixing your radio flashing problem.

Now onto serious business. Don't mind all that BS up there lol. If you're gonna have any luck at fixing your "radio backlight flashing when car is off" problem, I suggest you start tracing wires. It seems to me like you have an ungrounded wire or short somewhere. To do that, go grab a nice refreshing glass of cold lemonade or iced tea and your tools, especially a good Phillips screwdriver. You're gonna have to pull your radio out, and that's a pain in the butt. There's some instructions somewhere in the dusty archives of DA for removing your stereo. Just search. Check your wiring harnesses to see if they're okay, and if you've done any aftermarket mods that deal with electricity, check those too. They might be interfering with your radio.

Honestly I've never heard of this problem on a 7th gen Accord, but good luck, and don't take any offense on that lengthy post about exorcism. It's just me bored and poking some fun at ya. Take it easy and good luck bro.

·
Strong Island Accord
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ANTARCTICA, APPRECIATE THE LESSON ON EXCORCISM :lmao: I'LL INDEED TRY THAT. I DID REMOVE MY BATTERY TWICE TO PUT IN NEW HEADLIGHTS. ACTUALLY, I ONLY REMOVED IT ONCE BECAUSE THE DRIVER SIDE HEADLIGHT IS KIND OF HARD TO GET TO. SO, IT MAY BE THAT I DOSCONNECTED MY POS+ NEG- CONNECTIONS AT ONE POINT AND NOW MY STEREO IS SPAZZING OUT (SP?)...HAHA BUT MUCH APPRECIATED ON THE ADVICE. I'LL LET YA KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Like I said, your car's gonna need an exorcism. The 7th gens are notorious about being possessed by demons, and those demons will definitely do things like make your radio backlight flash on and off. The one that's in my car likes to play with my driver's window and passenger door lock. The window won't roll up sometimes when I roll it down, but I think I've got that fixed now, and the passenger door won't lock or unlock automatically. I've gotta push and pull the lock tab to make that work. Anyway, a little background info on the demons and how to get rid of them... Kiichiro Toyoda, the founder of Toyota, was pretty upset at Soichiro Honda when he started making automobiles and interfering with Toyota's share of the market, so he vowed to come back and really mess up Honda one day. You ever heard of Emperor Qin's terracotta army? If not... http://archaeology.about.com/od/china/a/terracotta.htm Anyway, Kiichiro Toyoda vowed to do the same kinda. He wanted to get revenge on Honda and starting in 2003 he sent out an army of demons to possess our beloved Accords. I mean, it's not crappy quality parts. Honda's notorious for durability. I've had friends drive Hondas til the wheels fall off lol. But yeah, demons... Toyoda got revenge on the 7th gen Accords by causing automatic transmission failures, 3rd gear synchronizer failures on the 6 speeds, radio backlights going out, and even messing with our odometer. Yeah that's right. If you haven't noticed, all 7th gen Accords odometers are off, which means that your exact mph is off by 1 mph. I verified this with my GPS. Not many people know the way to get rid of the exorcism though, but since you're really popular on this forum, I'll tell ya... Ever heard of the dangerous mountaintop restaurant in China? Well, here's the directions to get there... http://blogpig.co.uk/2008/05/the-hilltop-restaurant-in-china/ The restaurant owner is also an exorcist. Go there and get him and the two of you have to perform the exorcism on the lands of Madagascar. Don't worry, he'll teach you how to do exorcisms. I've done this once before. After the exorcism, you have to do exactly 1937.0828 (the year and month/day Toyota was founded) donuts in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Destin, FL. By the way, hit up the beaches there. It's a nice vacation spot. So if you don't do that exact amount of donuts, your car won't get a force field that protects you from future demons possessing your car. But yeah, if all goes well, you'll definitely succeed in fixing your radio flashing problem.
lol everything you referred to is about chinese history, toyota and honda are japanese, lol.

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Yeah I know that. I even threw some Madagascar in there too lol. I was just super bored and felt like messing with the op and thought about demons. So I thought about Emperor Qin's terracotta army exacting revenge lol. Then I thought about a hard to reach place like the restaurant. Just random stuff floating around in my mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem is the solder, and it can be quite bad.

Hey guys,

my radio flashes on and off even when the car is powered off and locked..i can see through my windows at night and my radio is flashing on and off ..what could this be?
After living with this for years, I found a high end car stereo repairman who has been fixing about one of these a week in Phoenix. The problem is crappy solder that runs. He resoldered my console unit but warned it might recur. Sadly, it did. The problem now is that if I leave the car parked for a week, it completely drains my fairly new battery. If I leave it parked for 3-4 days, it needs a jumpstart but at least retains radio station information. New consoles are EXPENSIVE. I don't have a solution, but you should be aware of the problem. I'm probably going to have to buy a home jumper to keep in my trunk.

·
2006 I4 MT
2,088 Posts
I would just pull the fuse on the radio and not use it until I bought a new one. The battery is not going to like being drained like that often.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
After living with this for years, I found a high end car stereo repairman who has been fixing about one of these a week in Phoenix. The problem is crappy solder that runs. He resoldered my console unit but warned it might recur. Sadly, it did. The problem now is that if I leave the car parked for a week, it completely drains my fairly new battery. If I leave it parked for 3-4 days, it needs a jumpstart but at least retains radio station information. New consoles are EXPENSIVE. I don't have a solution, but you should be aware of the problem. I'm probably going to have to buy a home jumper to keep in my trunk.
Yup, I opened the back of my radio when I had problems and saw the runny solder and quickly realized that it was not worth trying to isolate. It was ugly back there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts