Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 honda accord EX.
Replaced my car stereo with a stock one from a junkyard. My old one has a disk stuck in it. Put in new stereo, blew a fuse. Replaced fuse, tested with old stereo just to make sure. Re-installed new stereo, blew a fuse.

Took out stereo completely..Looks so ghetto.

Problem:
Electronic key transmitter nor the "in door" locking mechanism works. I have to lock all doors manually and then lock the drivers side.

Gas/Tach/Temp Gauge all stay at half mass when I turn off car and even take the key out.

Any advice?

How badly have I f-d up my car??

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,247 Posts
Did you replace it with an exact duplicate of the radio? There are several versions of the radio for these cars and each has certain functions specific to the individual trim package/model of the car. Look at the number on the face plate of the radios. If they aren't the same, I'd start there by taking the new one back and exchanging it with one that matches. Chances are that will solve the problem.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Did you replace it with an exact duplicate of the radio? There are several versions of the radio for these cars and each has certain functions specific to the individual trim package/model of the car. Look at the number on the face plate of the radios. If they aren't the same, I'd start there by taking the new one back and exchanging it with one that matches. Chances are that will solve the problem.
this, things like single Climate and Dual climate are not interchangeable

could be the new stereo has something internal thats causing it to short i would definitely take it back asap and explain that it does not work correctly and keeps blowing fuses

depending on the yard, was it a pull it yourself type or they pull it for you? either way, most yards can help you find the exact part you need

you can also try and swap out the unit minus the faceplate, pics here:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/1...t-functioning-cd-aux-button-unresponsive.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx to both,

Yes it is an exact replicate, dual climate control/ 6 disc changer, pulled from a 2003 Honda accord EX. I am going to check all my fuses today and replace any that may have been subsequently shorted due to the install. My first thought after the whole kerfuffle was the electronics in the new stereo is bunk. I'm going to take it back to the yard and ask that they run a diagnostic. I have a good rapport with the owner.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Thanx to both,

Yes it is an exact replicate, dual climate control/ 6 disc changer, pulled from a 2003 Honda accord EX. I am going to check all my fuses today and replace any that may have been subsequently shorted due to the install. My first thought after the whole kerfuffle was the electronics in the new stereo is bunk. I'm going to take it back to the yard and ask that they run a diagnostic. I have a good rapport with the owner.
if you put in the correct headunit. you shouldn't have blown any other fuses...hopefully

like you said, check all fuses under the drivers left hand side

dont even run a diagnostic if you dont have to, better off just picking up a whole new unit if your intention is to keep it if its still "good"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts