Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My single CD radio (2003 LX sedan) stopped working (no sound). Is it possible to swap it to 6cd changer without much trouble? I heard that single CD radios have amp built in but changers don't and use external amp. Is it correct rumor?

·
Super Moderator
3,472 Posts
Yes you can swap a radio with single zone from a sedan. Also make sure you get the radio code from the seller.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Do I smell a time for a navi upgrade? :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you can swap a radio with single zone from a sedan. Also make sure you get the radio code from the seller.
Thanks, just to make sure I've got it right - I can install 6cd changer instead of my single disk radio unit as long it is single zone (manual heat/cool) and it comes from a sedan? And I do not need external amp for the 6cd changer?

·
Banned
13,100 Posts
godd: Your question was answered, so I have nothing to add there, but....

Have you considered forgoing the Compact Disc format in its entirety and just using an MP3 player (or from your Android/iPhone)?

I know this is NOT the scope of what you asked, nor is it my business, but I doubt you will see CD players in new cars in 5 years....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
godd: Your question was answered, so I have nothing to add there, but....

Have you considered forgoing the Compact Disc format in its entirety and just using an MP3 player (or from your Android/iPhone)?

I know this is NOT the scope of what you asked, nor is it my business, but I doubt you will see CD players in new cars in 5 years....
Thanks for asking, I already have aux working via CD changer interface addon (don't remember what brand was it).
I don't feel like I want neither to sacrifice my pocket space to install double din nor to spend a lot more money for a direct substitution kit.
...Unless you know the third option I am not aware of..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts