Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used it before, if so what were your thoughts?

·
Registered
295 Posts
It is the only stuff I use. I love it, above 40mph you don't even need to use your wipers because the water beads and flys off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
692 Posts
I will buy it now for the firts time! Hopefully autozone or pepboys have them. Can I mix tit with regular windshield fluid

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,400 Posts
I will buy it now for the firts time! Hopefully autozone or pepboys have them. Can I mix tit with regular windshield fluid
you can dilute it as much as you want. it won't harm anything. you may not get a good performance from the beading action, cause of the solution being diluted though.

just FYI.

i have used it for years, and swear by it.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
I treat the windshield with the concentrated Rain-X windshield treatment and have been since the mid 80's, and use the the Rain-X wiper fluid as well, there is a summer formula and winter formula, obviously with more alcohol content in the winter fluid.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I treat the windshield with the concentrated Rain-X windshield treatment and have been since the mid 80's, and use the the Rain-X wiper fluid as well, there is a summer formula and winter formula, obviously with more alcohol content in the winter fluid.
Have you heard the windshield fogging myth? I don't use the actual treatment stuff for that reason, but I see no issues with the washer fluid.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Have you heard the windshield fogging myth? I don't use the actual treatment stuff for that reason, but I see no issues with the washer fluid.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
There is a little bit of haze from Rain-X concentrate if you don't buff it off really well, kind of like wax streak on painted surface if you don't buff it off well, but no there is no "windshield fogging" that I have ever experienced.

As I said I've been using Rain-X since mid 80's when it was called Repcon, it's one of those magical chemicals that really works.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nothing beats a personal testimony. I have some out in the garage, it may be worth giving it another shot, especially since I really dislike using my wipers anyway!

·
Freelance Gynecologist
215 Posts
Also use the Rain-X concentrate. As Aviography said, you really need to buff it off properly. Follow the directions properly, and it works well.

Personally I spray down the windshield with a glass cleaner and then I use a clay bar to get the fine stuff using the glass cleaner as a lubricant. After I get the windshield clean enough, I apply the rain-x and I'm pretty happy with the result.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've heard many great things about this product. If you guys wax your car, some good wax will also have the same effect. Not sure if it'll be as good as rain-x, but it works. When I wax my car with Zaino Z-2, I apply it to all of my windows also and it does wonders in the rain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts