Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a Honda Accord 2010 LX model. I still have the powertrain warranty on it for another month. I have noticed this noise coming from the car on cold start that lasts for about 2-3 seconds. Below is the video that I have made.

Can anyone tell what it is? I think the noise had been coming but only really noticed it till now.

Thank you.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Its time for the I4s to unite and get compensated for oil consumption and VTC actuator problems.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Registered
137 Posts
VTC actuator.... take it to the dealer and tell them to perform the TSB for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTnufuKpp6c
+1
My 2011 does the same thing, it was just doing it on cold starts in the dead of winter, however recently it has been doing it on cold starts when it is 85F outside. I have 66K miles, so powertrain warranty doesn't help me. Dealer wants $548+ tax to replace part with same known defective designed part.

Reactions: 08EX-L

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
+1
My 2011 does the same thing, it was just doing it on cold starts in the dead of winter, however recently it has been doing it on cold starts when it is 85F outside. I have 66K miles, so powertrain warranty doesn't help me. Dealer wants $548+ tax to replace part with same known defective designed part.
Have you asked nicely if they'll good will it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Have you asked nicely if they'll good will it?
Tried that, If I still lived in WNY it would be covered under the PZEV component warranty (15 years or 150K miles- looked it up in warranty booklet), but since I no longer operate the vehicle in a PZEV state the warranty reverts back basic 5years/60K powertrain. Whats odd it sometimes it goes weeks without grinding then some random cold start grinds like hell. I can't figure out any pattern as to what triggers it to start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called the dealer and he said Honda is working on a part to correct the problem. He said even if the dealer replaced the part, it would still make the noise. But I'm running out of time on my warranty.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
Take it in and at least have it diagnosed now. You can choose to have them replace it or not, but at least by having a diagnosis on file, you've got proof the issue started before the warranty ended.

·
Running NYC
1,315 Posts
^Good advice, I would have them replace it anyways though. Not everyone Accord is having a vtc issue and noise, so for all you know you'll get lucky and have no issues after.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.