Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2007 Accord sedan with 17500 miles on the odometer. Lately I've been hearing a sort of "soft" rattle coming from the area in front and a bit left of the steering wheel. This rattle occurs with the car's hitting small bumps in the road surface. I'm not sure if the sound's coming from the adjustable steering wheel gear or if it originates somewhere in the dash.
Has anyone ever had this problem?? What's the cure?
Thanks in advance for all suggestions...

Charlie Berkey

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Blown struts

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Blown struts
+1: Classic symptoms of a worn out strut. The sound is probably traveling a little to try and blame another part, lol.

Even though you have low miles, age alone can take its toll on a strut's effectiveness. I once saw an auto body shop keep a customer's car elevated by the frame- for 30 days! The wheels just hung down, unsupported. When the car came finally came off the lift- 3 out of 4 struts were ruined because the struts were not designed to be extended like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1: Classic symptoms of a worn out strut. The sound is probably traveling a little to try and blame another part, lol.

Even though you have low miles, age alone can take its toll on a strut's effectiveness. I once saw an auto body shop keep a customer's car elevated by the frame- for 30 days! The wheels just hung down, unsupported. When the car came finally came off the lift- 3 out of 4 struts were ruined because the struts were not designed to be extended like that.
Thanks for the info. I'll be setting up a fix tomorrow morning!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts