Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I've now had my '13 Accord for 2 months just hitting 1,000 miles and so far I'm loving it. I traded in my 2012 Volkswagen CC for the Accord because I just couldn't take another day of constant rattles I couldnt resolve. I loved the looks of the CC but couldn't tolerate all the issues. So far our '12 Passat has been great.

Question is how's everyone's Accord proving to be regarding rattles after several months? I've had a couple very minor rattles pop up in what sounds like to be the center console. Also the lock on the glove compartment. Funny thing is if I lock the glove box, that one goes away. I really don't drive on any rough streets daily so I'm hoping new ones don't appear.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
No rattles here and I drive down 2 miles of really poor concrete roadway. My car feels like it was machined out of a piece of solid billet.

Jay

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The only rattle I had was from the cheap pair of sunglasses I had stored in the overhead sunglasses compartment. Once I removed them from the compartment the rattle disappeared. :thmsup:

I bought the car three months ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a rattle from my b pillar. So far honda hasnt beem able to figure out whats causing it:(

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My car has a few rattles. most noticeable is one from somewhere behind the glovebox. It sounds like an object contacting a hard, hollow piece of plastic. I've yet to try removing the contents of the glovebox to isolate the source. The other rattle, more of a creak really, emanates from the pedal area on the driver's side. It only happens occasionally and only when moving forward from a stop. Haven't brought to Dealer's attention since both are so random. There' less than a 5% chance the rattles would show up for them. If they get worse, or more numerous, then I may take it in. But for now, I can live with a few minor rattles.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I have a faint rattle somewhere in the dash and my sunroof sunshade also rattles over bumpy roads. My sunglasses rattle some, but my eyeglasses really rattle when they're in the sunglass holder.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have one rattle in the passenger side door panel that's been there since pretty much the day I bought it. I'm going to have the dealer check it out when I have my first oil change.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I thought german cars were rattle free. I know VW used to talk up how their cars were bulletproof, and you could stand and jump on an open door without it falling off its hinges.

·
Registered
139 Posts
B Pillar Rattle

I have a rattle from my b pillar. So far honda hasnt beem able to figure out whats causing it:(
I also have a rattle just forward of the B pillar, noticed if I push on the headliner just behind the assist handle it goes away, the start of my dealer trips I can tell

·
2013 Accord Sport 6MT
120 Posts
I have a rattle between the driver side door and the dash, just below the A-pillar. It only happens at certain frequencies of music on my stock Sport. I goes away when I put my hand against the driver panel. I probably will attempt to address this with some dynamat.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've had mine for just over a year now and she's rattle free!

The only minor issue I have is a little CVT judder when I hit 10 MPH as I slow down - otherwise it's been a trouble free and solid for the first year!

·
Registered
834 Posts
The only minor issue I have is a little CVT judder when I hit 10 MPH as I slow down - otherwise it's been a trouble free and solid for the first year!

Normal, though it's not CVT-specific. The 8th Gen 5-speed auto did the same thing. There have been mentions on this forum that the V6 also does it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My car has a few rattles. most noticeable is one from somewhere behind the glovebox. It sounds like an object contacting a hard, hollow piece of plastic. I've yet to try removing the contents of the glovebox to isolate the source.
It sounds like you have the same rattle as I do. If you know how, lower the glove box and remove the cabin air filter. In the car I own, the volume of the rattle increases dramatically with the filter removed, and the sound originates from the cavity where the cabin air filter is placed.

Has anyone else been able to fix this rattle?

·
'13 Sport CVT white
112 Posts
I have a rattle in the drivers side fold-up grab strap over the door. I think I may just take it off since it will allow the visor to sit further from my head.

There is another rattle in the center console area, sounds like it is coming from behind the stereo or HVAC controls. I thought it might have been the plug that I removed from the noise cancelling box, but I put a piece of foam pipe insulation around it just in case, and there is still a vibrating/rattling noise coming from that general area. It gets worse the faster I go. Hitting 75-80 on the interstate can get it going pretty good sometimes.

I really hate rattles. I owned an '85 IROC Camaro when I was younger, I think that's where it all started for me. That car could rattle with the best of them.

TomZ

·
Registered
76 Posts
The plastic cover over the big screen makes noise (only when it's hot out LOL) and my glovebox rattles all the time. I'm due to take my car in for oil change #2, maybe they'll be able to solve one or both of these issues.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I have a rattle in the drivers side fold-up grab strap over the door. I think I may just take it off since it will allow the visor to sit further from my head.

There is another rattle in the center console area, sounds like it is coming from behind the stereo or HVAC controls. I thought it might have been the plug that I removed from the noise cancelling box, but I put a piece of foam pipe insulation around it just in case, and there is still a vibrating/rattling noise coming from that general area. It gets worse the faster I go. Hitting 75-80 on the interstate can get it going pretty good sometimes.

I really hate rattles. I owned an '85 IROC Camaro when I was younger, I think that's where it all started for me. That car could rattle with the best of them.

TomZ
I had a 89 Trans Am. 3rd gen F-Bodies were rattle traps right off the showroom floor. You could hear them flex around you when you pulled in and out of drives.

Jay

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I thought german cars were rattle free. I know VW used to talk up how their cars were bulletproof, and you could stand and jump on an open door without it falling off its hinges.
I had a 2002 Jetta that rattled from the door panels, the dash, and the headliner since it was new. That car was the biggest POS I've ever driven, next to my PT Cruiser. 2 brands I will never buy from again.

·
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think my VW CC was built at 4:45pm on a Friday afternoon. It just seemed to be one problem after another. Prior to having that car I had an 07 Mercedes E350 that was as solid as could be. But of course as many would say that was in a completely different class. As far as styling goes I think the new Accord far exceeds the current E-Class. In fact, the other morning on my way to work I was behind what I thought was a new E-Class based on how the LED tail lights were lit up...caught up with it at a stoplight only to discover it was a new Accord. I think the new Accord is a very classy upscale looking automobile. And a heck of a lot less money. :biggrin:

·
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My car has a few rattles. most noticeable is one from somewhere behind the glovebox. It sounds like an object contacting a hard, hollow piece of plastic. I've yet to try removing the contents of the glovebox to isolate the source.
Today I think I did manage to fix a couple of the rattles. One of them also sounded like it was somewhere behind the glove box. Ended up being the large black plastic shield directly above the footwell. When tapping on it lightly with my palm, the far back side where the holding clips meet the shield caused a rattle. I purchased some black foam sheets, cut them into pieces & tucked them snugly between and around the clips. As far as for minor rattles at the forward sides of the center console, I used Velcro tape strips (the soft fuzzy side) and stuck them around the holes where the clips snap in. Helped prevent plastic against plastic. Those side pieces pulled off easily although at first I was hesitant. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Not quite sure how I'm going to fix the glove box lock that rattles. I still hear a slight rattle from the passenger side that I'm completely clueless as to where it's coming from. Guess if it doesn't get any worse I'll count my blessings this is the worst of my problems. Besides, I'm sure I look quite ridiculous driving down the road leaned all the way over the center console trying to hear something.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts