Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
arm rest rattled badly. New rubber legs from walmart, problem solved.
Have a weird clicking noise in driver side door. Very very faint noise when at highway speeds.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
arm rest rattled badly. New rubber legs from walmart, problem solved.
Have a weird clicking noise in driver side door. Very very faint noise when at highway speeds.
I'll check to see if that's the mysterious sound. I did however remove all contents out of the console & glove box in hopes of isolating the issue.

My EX-L doesn't sound very tight when going over bumps, but I think the problem may be the back license plate holder and maybe the trunk floorboard.

I had a rattle near the B-pillar that was driving me nuts. Believe it or not, the service rep heard it and it turned out to be the contact between the window tinting and seal. She said the window tinting has a "tacky" texture that caused what sounded like a "pin rattle". They did some adjustments and it hasn't made the sound again.

So if you hear something in that area, it could be what I've described.

The sunroof is absolutely killing me right now. Only when closed though...

Other than that nothing that I'm losing sleep over. Owned for a year / 15k miles on roads i would not call smooth in California.

I have a rattle from my b pillar. So far honda hasnt beem able to figure out whats causing it:(
Bunsen, is this on the driver side b-pillar? I have one at the top of the b-pillar, rearward side. Pushing up on headliner silences it.

suspect curtain airbag or associated plastic hardware vibrating on headliner/weather stripping.

Is yours fixed?

5K miles, owned since March 1st, and there might be something developing up around the passenger A-pillar, or up near the windshield on the passenger side. Have heard it only a couple times, most recently today--tried taking my sunglasses out of the holder, to no avail. However, I was able to grab my umbrella off the passenger floor (which, like the rest of the car, has a WeatherTech FloorLiner on it, and I think it stopped. I also have a roll-up sunshade sitting on the back floor which also may contribute to stuff I "think" I'm hearing; I may throw ALL of this stuff in the trunk tomorrow morning before I head to church or wherever, just to check things out. (My sensitive hearing has been a blessing and a curse; every Honda I've owned, save this new one, has been back to the dealer within the first month of ownership to address rattles of one type or other, so that's a good thing! :D Because of that sensitive hearing, I've ALWAYS been driven crazy by rattles, squeaks, and other odd noises in cars.)

(The sunroof also doesn't seem to go all the way up to the stop in the "vent" position, which causes a rattle, but it's not too bothersome, and of course, if the headliner has to come down to fix the rattle, that could lead to more problems.)

As I've stated before, so far, this car seems to be at the same "built-like-a-tank" level as the 4th-Gen Accords, with only cheaper interior materials being something that could cause rattles over time. I know that the panel on the overhead console with the voice-command/HFL mic and HomeLink creaks if I hit the thing wrong when using the H/L buttons, and I get little "ticking" noises from the aluminum-painted plastic bits when the temperature shifts (as when the A/C is cooling the car down after it's sat in the sun all day.) I might get a roll of Honda "squeak" tape, and put a layer around the inside of the console panel, and might ask my dealer how to remove those other bits (around the HVAC and radio/NAVI headunit, and the two pieces along the length of the center console) and do the same with the trim tool I picked up from CHH. (I don't know WHAT that "squeak" tape is, but it seems like a Honda staple, and it DOES work. :yes:)

I thought german cars were rattle free. I know VW used to talk up how their cars were bulletproof, and you could stand and jump on an open door without it falling off its hinges.
They typically start out incredibly solid and drive as if it was, "made out of a single, unbreakable piece." Then after a couple of years (sometimes sooner), those overly tightened pieces start shaking their way loose, and it all goes downhill from there. Old German cars just don't fare well on our rougher roads.

I've traced my only rattles down to the free dealer keychain accessory (I've since removed that), and some spare change I keep around the car (which I've also since removed - this wouldn't be a problem if Honda provided a rubber, grooved coin holder like my older cars. But I can understand the reasoning behind why coin holders are running out of favor (especially with Fastrak in California being quite convenient - I'm always surprised at the number of people who haven't bought one).

i have a rattle coming from the rear by the speakers or in the deck area. I notice it on bumpy roads. Car is less than a week old. I think it could be my sub or something. That does rattle when I have music on from my ipod w/ no bass/sub adjustments. But this rattles w/o music on obviously. My old 7th Gen didnt make this noise and I drive this same stretch of road to work for the last 4.5 yrs.

Rattles

Greetings,
I've now had my '13 Accord for 2 months just hitting 1,000 miles and so far I'm loving it. I traded in my 2012 Volkswagen CC for the Accord because I just couldn't take another day of constant rattles I couldnt resolve. I loved the looks of the CC but couldn't tolerate all the issues. So far our '12 Passat has been great.

Question is how's everyone's Accord proving to be regarding rattles after several months? I've had a couple very minor rattles pop up in what sounds like to be the center console. Also the lock on the glove compartment. Funny thing is if I lock the glove box, that one goes away. I really don't drive on any rough streets daily so I'm hoping new ones don't appear.
I've had an off and on rattle coming from the area of my nav screen. I can't quite pin it down and I don't plan on doing anything about it.

Im getting rattles with my subwoofer. BUT only when i play music via iPod. it rattles that rear board below the rear windshield. It doesn't happen when i play pandora ... im assuming since music quality isn't so high. thoughts anyone? fixes? any one relate?

Bunsen, is this on the driver side b-pillar? I have one at the top of the b-pillar, rearward side. Pushing up on headliner silences it.

suspect curtain airbag or associated plastic hardware vibrating on headliner/weather stripping.

Is yours fixed?

No not fixed yet, it was at the body shop for a while where they thought it had something to do with the frame but no luck. Then another guy looked at it and said it was the shock towers or something where two pieces of metal meet, they fixed something there but the rattle is still there. Albeit for some reason its doing it a lot less over the past few weeks and its not as loud.
And yes its the B pillar on drivers side, right next to my ear:(

Ok, so at 9,800mi I have two rattles.

* the first is coming from the steering wheel/air bag over larger bumps. It's kind of like a click, like someone is flicking the turn signal stalk. I can reproduce it if I push down vertically on the airbag from the top of the wheel. I read the TSB and I don't think that is it from the description and that my car was built after the TSB was written.

* The drivers a-pillar makes a plastic buzz noise. It only does it when I drive down this one road that is like a washboard. But, this road is 2 miles long and I can't get to work and not drive down it. Nothing I push on changed it or makes it go away. :banghead:

All in all they don't make the noise often, but when the do it makes me insane.

Jay

My car is only a month old (900 miles) and, so far, I don't have any rattles. I'm lucky because rattles don't really bother me. My 2003 Accord had plenty of them when it was brand new but I just lived with it and it was never really an issue for me. Over time, they all went away and when I sold the car last month with 97K miles on it, it was the quietest it had ever been.

I feel for anyone who goes crazy putting up with rattles because I know they can be really hard for the dealer to isolate and fix. :dunno:

I have one irritating noise that comes from putting my elbow on the arm rest while driving. Anyone else get like a creak noise as if the plastic yielding?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.