Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a 2020 Accord 2.0 ten speed AT with 33k miles

Took it to the dealership yesterday for oil change and to have a bad rattling noise looked at.

They found that there was a rubber gasket that sits on the struts was defective and causing the rattling. This all began a few months ago when they replaced the driver side struts because they were cracked. My service advisor said it’s used to keep dust from getting into the struts, or what he called “dust caps”, and so they removed them for the time being.

My service advisor also suggested that my car needs a transmission fluid drain/fill and the brakes need to be bled, drained and filled as well.

I heard that the cvt accords need their transmission serviced more frequently than the automatic transmission. Could my service advisor have made a mistake and thought I have a cvt or is the 32k miles for service across the board on all Accords?

I’ll get the brakes serviced tomorrow but still on the fence with the drain and refilling of the transmission. It just feels like it’s way too soon.
Any thoughts on this? Is 33k miles when the automatic transmission needs to be serviced?

· Registered
2020 Honda Accord EXL 2.0
238 Posts
Hello all. I have a 2020 Accord 2.0 ten speed AT with 33k miles

Took it to the dealership yesterday for oil change and to have a bad rattling noise looked at.

They found that there was a rubber gasket that sits on the struts was defective and causing the rattling. This all began a few months ago when they replaced the driver side struts because they were cracked. My service advisor said it’s used to keep dust from getting into the struts, or what he called “dust caps”, and so they removed them for the time being.

My service advisor also suggested that my car needs a transmission fluid drain/fill and the brakes need to be bled, drained and filled as well.

I heard that the cvt accords need their transmission serviced more frequently than the automatic transmission. Could my service advisor have made a mistake and thought I have a cvt or is the 32k miles for service across the board on all Accords?

I’ll get the brakes serviced tomorrow but still on the fence with the drain and refilling of the transmission. It just feels like it’s way too soon.
Any thoughts on this? Is 33k miles when the automatic transmission needs to be serviced?
I have the 2.0 with 10 speed AT as well and my maintenance minder for transmission service came on @ 42k and I went ahead did the service. I plan on doing trans service every 30k going forward.

· Registered
2020 Honda Accord EXL 2.0
238 Posts
That’s exactly what I’ll do too. Does the maintenance minder indicate when brakes need servicing too?
Matter of fact it does. Although I have never ever done a brake fluid flush on any of my cars I just did have it done on my Accord last month when I was buying tires and the MM item popped on for brake fluid service. With the price of cars and the 2.0T going away I'm planning on driving the wheels off this car. I bought a 2006 Accord from new and got 360,000 of hard miles out that car and I treated it like sh!t.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matter of fact it does. Although I have never ever done a brake fluid flush on any of my cars I just did have it done on my Accord last month when I was buying tires and the MM item popped on for brake fluid service. With the price of cars and the 2.0T going away I'm planning on driving the wheels off this car. I bought a 2006 Accord from new and got 360,000 of hard miles out that car and I treated it like sh!t.
Hmm perhaps I’ll just wait till it pops up and then have the service done then.

· Registered
164 Posts
Hmm perhaps I’ll just wait till it pops up and then have the service done then.
you can wait for the minder, or just do it every 2-3 years. brake fluid absorbs water over time and gets darker and mushy. take a look at your fluid reservoir to see if its really dark. for 2020 model i would say its probably time if you havent done it yet. idk about the transmission fluid yet, consensus seems to be wait for the maintenance minder to tell you. changing every 30k mile seems to be what people say, but it doesnt seem to be necessary. im at 30,500 miles and the transmission feels really good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts