Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been bothering me since I got the car, but not enough to post until now. Does anybody have the same problem? The RDS on the factory radio works when it feels like working. When it doesn’t work, it doesn’t matter the station it just will not work on any station. Same if it decides to work. If it works on one station, it works on all of them. It always says RDS on the top of the screen no matter if it’s working or not. Just seeing if anyone has the same problem and possible solution. Thanks….

PS: been since day one I bought the car, before any add-ons

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Wish I could help you but I've never listened to the radio on the factory head unit. You might want to repost in the Audio section to get more responses.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, thanks….

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
Other than the static noise i get from my HID's my radio system works fine. I listen to it all the time... Your system may be defective or something :dunno: i think the RDS indicates that its a valid radio station your on. So i dont think it can be on all the time. :dunno:

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than the static noise i get from my HID's my radio system works fine. I listen to it all the time... Your system may be defective or something :dunno: i think the RDS indicates that its a valid radio station your on. So i dont think it can be on all the time. :dunno:
RDS is the system that tells the radio what is currently playing on that radio station. For example it will say “Metallica, nothing else matters”

It just simply works when it feels like working. Matter of fact it hasn’t worked in the past 2 weeks in my ride no matter what channel I am on…..I’m not sure if the RDS indication should be on all the time on the screen, but it is on mine

I guess I should just take it to the dealer because it may be defective, I just hate taking my car in for something like that….always seems like I leave with another problem. I just usually avoid dealers at all costs, but maybe I can’t on this one

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
Oh ok. Did you try holding down text to turn it on and off. It might work :thmsup:

but i remember that happened to me too and i thought i broke it, thats what i did. lol

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For anybody that cares, the RDS (system that shows the radio station’s name, artist name, song name) is turned on and off using the “title” button. I decided to read this thing called the owner’s manual lol turns out I was either fat fingering that button or the system reset when I would take off the battery terminals. I’m making a guess that the RDS is off by default when it’s reset :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts