Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Broke A$$ Superhero
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to find something here of anyone with this problem, but every now and then the main screen on the radio goes blank. I will be driving and turn a corner or something, and when the mirror camera goes off the main screen is blank. To get it back on I have to change from, say xm to radio and the back to xm just to get the screen to come back on. Any ideas? A short maybe? Anyone else experience this?

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
I've had similar issues. Often, the source comes up as CD, for no apparent reason. It's a buggy system. Just have to live with it.

·
Broke A$$ Superhero
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"It's a buggy system. Just have to live with it"

I don't like your answer! LoL. How often does this happen to you?

I am hoping its nothing major...when it goes in for service I will bring it up to them to see if they can do anything about it.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I tried to find something here of anyone with this problem, but every now and then the main screen on the radio goes blank. I will be driving and turn a corner or something, and when the mirror camera goes off the main screen is blank. To get it back on I have to change from, say xm to radio and the back to xm just to get the screen to come back on. Any ideas? A short maybe? Anyone else experience this?
What trim level is your car?

Jay

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts
These kind of things happen to me also. I thought maybe it was because I accidently hit the source on the steering wheel when signaling right. Not really sure what I did. Maybe it is trying to do too many commands at once?

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
I've had some weird happenings like that myself every once in a while. I just figured that because it's a computer, it's going to have a glitch every so often.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same issue. It's normally after a phone call or a text message comes in. I have to hit the "display" button then click audio to get it back onto where it was.

·
HA-420
709 Posts
The CD thing happens to me more often than I'd like. I've had the blank screen twice I think. I even had the screen become all scrambled like when your cable goes out.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Mine only does this if I change to the trip screen WHILE on the phone. If I switch the LaneWatch camera on and back off, the screen with my phone call info comes back up.

·
Broke A$$ Superhero
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just glad its not only me! LoL. I was starting to get worried that I had a broken one...sounds like they are all a little off!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Take it to the dealer and get the latest Audio Upgrade; apparently they've squashed that bug.

(Unfortunately, I was able to determine that my car was on the Audio Upgrade VIN list at one point (even showed the version number was lower than the March, 2013 update), but that TSB went to a "check the iN" deal, and it came up no joy, unless you have an obvious problem! :rolleyes: Will have to try the hidden NAVI DSP tweak after I get my baby back--somehow the HomeLink went bye-bye while the dealer was putting squeak tape around the HFL/HomeLink module, and it's being fixed now! :dunno: O/T even more, had noticed the VCM activity more than usual (even more than when the car was new) over the past couple months, so my dealer sent a phone-video sample to the TechLine for Honda's advice; gonna run function tests on the Active Engine Mounts tomorrow. Stay tuned--I'll post results to the TSB thread, or a new one, when I get the car back! :))

·
5x with no end in sight
188 Posts
I don't know if this is directly related, but I had a display screen/audio meltdown a couple of days ago on my 2013 EX-L I4. For the record, I encountered the speaker static issue right after I got the car, and the flash to correct it was performed. I haven't had that problem since. Now, for the new problem(s)...

The car was parked in the parking lot at work for about 9 hours on a sunny but fairly cold day (mid to high 20's... a warm spell in my area compared to recent weeks). Started the car and drove off for home. Hit the audio power button and realized there was no sound (source was XM). Then I looked at the touchscreen and saw that it displayed the buttons but they had no text on them. Tried pushing them and though they reacted to touch, they didn't do anything. Then I tried changing the source to the iPod connection. The screen changed appropriately to match the new source, but there was no music info on the screen and still no sound, the onscreen controls to control playback doing nothing.

Finally, I powered the audio system down and back up again. Went back to XM and the problem was still there. Then another new problem... about 15 seconds after I powered up the system, it powered itself down. Tried on and off a few times and most times it continued to power itself down shortly after I powered it up. And I found another symptom... one time when it stayed on, I tried to change to one of the other display screens and it would only stay on the screen that was on (the continuously updated MPG screen).

When I got to an area where I could do so, I used the old temporary fix from the earlier problem and shut down the car and restarted it. Not surprisingly, everything returned to normal and has stayed that way since then.

Anyone else experience anything remotely like this? Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts