Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed front and rear pads and rotor's today. Having some trouble. It sound like the rear pads are dragging the rotor as I drive. Also after i was complete the parking brake no long hold unless i pull it up until you physcially cant ant more. tried adjusting nut below the center console, parking brake does not pull up so high but it still does not seem like it is holding well. Pads still sound like rear is dragging. What do I need to adjust?
2011 Honda accord sedan V6 Ex-L

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not sure how the rears are on that car. On my Mazda’s the rear pistons had to be compressed and rotated to retract. Once you finished the brake job you had to pump the hand brake a bunch of times to ratchet the piston back into position. If you didn’t do that the pads didn’t end up indexed correctly with the rotor and they could clatter or drag and the parking brake wouldn’t hold.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Go benhind and underneath. You should see a cable going to the back/inside of the caliper. You can try to manually twist the parking brake mechanism to free it up. It is likely starting to seize.

·
Montana, USA
3,894 Posts
Did you rewind/retract the piston before installing the new pads? Did you get the pin on the pad backing centered in one of the + shaped slots on that piston?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts