Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just had my brakes done. Can someone post the number below in the letter, I'd like to call them instead of waiting for my letter. Thanks

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
Is anyone aware of what the dealer may/may not do in regards to those of us who remedied the original premature wear issue by buying new pads. If the win number is in range, do you think new calipers will available pro bono?

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts

·
Where to start???
341 Posts
What were the VIN numbers involved? Are CA VIN #'s similar to US?
They didn't put a range of VIN's in the letter. They just had my VIN # on the top of the letter asking you to make sure that the VIN in the letter matches the one on your car. I asked the dealership service manager over the phone, basically it applies to all 2008-2009 Accords (as stated in the letter), so I assume thats regardless of VIN #

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just took my car in last week for the metal scraping noise which was happening even when I wasn't applying the brakes. They replaced it under warranty but sheesh the car only had a little over 15k on it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
what kind of brake pads did they replace the OEM with? another set of OEM or aftermarket ones??

and did they also change the front brake pads??

·
Registered
178 Posts
It seems likely that if pads are wearing prematurely because one or both are held in contact with the disc, then a side effect would be decreased fuel economy.

Depending upon the extent of the problem, it would be like driving with brake applied.

Anyone with accelerated front/rear pad wear also experiencing poor gas mileage?

Any signs of heat discoloration on the rotors?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts