Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple of days, I have noticed my "brake light" indicator coming off and on in my dash. Experience with this tells me that one of the light bulbs is burnt out and a bulb needs to be replaced. However, this particular issue is odd in the fact that it doesn't always turn on and it only happens after the car has been running for a while. My previous experience with this tells me that as soon as you press the brake pedal on the car that the indicator light will come on should one of the brake light bulbs be burnt out. Since this isn't the case and all my brake lights appear to be working, what could be the issue?

·
Super Moderator
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I've tracked this down. It appears that my inside passenger tail light may have a loose filament inside the bulb itself causing it to work intermittently.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey, CDsDontBurn!

I always thought the dash brake light indicator would be indicative of either the emergency brake on (needs adjustment), low brake fluid, or a leak in the brake fluid system somewhere. I never new a loose bulb filament could trigger it! Good to know. Did you replace the bulb yet?

·
Clermont, FL
206 Posts
i think he is talking about the brake light indicator that is by the door indicator on the odometer, u know that light that shows up the the bottom of the diagram that is shaped like a car? , tell us which door is open?

·
Registered
477 Posts
i think he is talking about the brake light indicator that is by the door indicator on the odometer, u know that light that shows up the the bottom of the diagram that is shaped like a car? , tell us which door is open?
That makes sense. I'll have to look for that light when I start up the car next time--never paid attention or I don't have it on my clunker. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys.

This is the indicator light that says "BRAKE LAMP" which only comes on when a tail light is burnt out. When you turn your key to the "ON" position before turning your car on, it'll light up. It's located directly below the diagram of lights showing which door of your car is open.

I've already purchased a replacement bulb, just haven't had the time to get it fixed. I need to fix it before I get pulled over, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts