Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to properly align the + on the rear caliper on 08 accord, I forgot to mark the rear caliper + when screwed back in.

·
Electro-Motive
462 Posts

watch this video hitman shows how. :thmsup:

skip to 04:40 ish in the video.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so make sure + says 3 6 9 12 and it should have a perfect fit?
Is there a way to see from the back to see if it it went in the groove properly?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
so make sure + says 3 6 9 12 and it should have a perfect fit?
Is there a way to see from the back to see if it it went in the groove properly?
yes , grove needs to be so it fits for the tab pin in middle of pad .Doesn't matter which of the 4 groves as you had to rotate to bring piston in .
when done right the pad backing should be flush with piston front .
If you did it wrong you would see a space from pin protruding and hitting piston face .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks the rear brake pad is all done now, do you know whats the average life of the front pad for 08 accord?
My rear pad was almost finished at 13000 miles, when should I start checking for the front?

·
Registered
2 Posts
THanks the rear brake pad is all done now, do you know whats the average life of the front pad for 08 accord?
My rear pad was almost finished at 13000 miles, when should I start checking for the front?
There was a recall on the rear brakes which Honda seems to be very tight lipped on. My rear brakes went just over 14000 along with the rotors. They should have replaced them for free

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes thats what I am doing now filling out the claim for for reimbursement of the pads 50 percent is better than nothing, plus i don't really trust the new Honda break pads since nobody knows for sure how long they'll last.
But I am concerned when the front pads will need to be inspected, I only checked my rear pads because I saw so many people complained that its gone at 13 14k miles and mine was gone too. If I didn't come on the forum online I'll probably never suspect the pads finished at 13k miles./

·
Electro-Motive
462 Posts
I just changed pads and rotors on all corners at 16k due to "city bus" squeeling and a warped rotor. Too my surprise all my pads looked new, with a lot of material remaining. I also went ahead and replaced my brake fluid since the car is 2 years old. I took a road trip the other day and braking is feels great and is quiet. I went with akebono pads and centric blank rotors. I agree with you on not wanting the Honda pads, (granted im still on the original front pads on my Ridgeline at 60k the rears lasted about 55k) I want proof they're not going to squeal in a few thousand miles as the originals on this car did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts