Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a pic of Satisfied Pro-Series Ceramic brake pads with original Honda rotors. The pads have 60k miles on them, and could probably do 40k more. (I am very impressed with these pads) The rotor in the pic was in decent shape too, and also could have lasted over 100k. But the right rear rotor looks bad, the pads just wasnt sweeping the rotor properly. I didnt catch it early enough so the rotor never cleaned itself back to decent condition.

So I bought new EBC rotors and Wagner QS Ceramic pads from Amazon all for $96 to my door. (could not find Satisfied Pro-Series Ceramic) And I flushed the brake fluid front and rear.

This isnt an exciting post, but I wrote this up to show with the right pads you can get high mileage on rear pads. Its not the car...its the brake pad.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I can beat that. I have a 2007 Accord SE with a 4. I have 116,000 on it and changed the rear pads at 85,000 and they still had about 30 % left. The front are still the original pads... Original rotors front and back also with no pulsing at all.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
We have almost the same experience with OEM rear rotors, it lasted up to 112,000 km. on mine.

Rear brake pads were replaced on 04/12/06 at 56,007 km., the rotors were resurfaced at the same time (26 months after purchasing the car new).

At 112,000 km., rear driver side pads wear uneven so I decided to replaced both pads and rotors. OEM rotors and NISSIN pads.

At 144,000 km. Nissin pads wear uneven again at which point I replaced with new pads. This time Monroe ceramic pads (on sale for CAD$38). Almost got Wagner QS or Thermoquiet (CAD$58). This time I cleaned the bracket very well using file/steel brush. Hopefully pads will wear evenly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can beat that. I have a 2007 Accord SE with a 4. I have 116,000 on it and changed the rear pads at 85,000 and they still had about 30 % left. The front are still the original pads... Original rotors front and back also with no pulsing at all.....
That's great!

·
Banned
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoa. Thats nuts! Most of all the no trouble with the front brakes!!!

The fronts I had trouble with until I swapped to the aftermarket brands. Up to about 36k miles I went threw 2 sets of Honda rotors and pads. They kept warping! Since i swapped them out with Satisfied Ceramic pads (and I think Raybestos plain rotors) not a single issue and their still going strong 60k later!

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
It's funny, the 98 gen 6 coupe here beats them pretty well.

Original brakes at 94k all around. Rotors left alone.

Next all around set at 187k, replaced the rotors due to wear at that mileage. They never warped.

Now that it's seen very much more local stop/go driving it's next set of pads was done at 252k.

Wish the gen 7 would do as well.

·
6,322 Posts
The 99 coupe I had went 135k on the original front brakes. A caliper started to stick. New pads, machined the old rotors but they started to warp shortly after.

The rear drums were still ok after 166k when I sold it. I had the back brakes cleaned, lubed, and adjusted every 30k.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
The rear drum brakes do last forever. I have 2 gen 6s running around at work with over 300k on original rear shoes. The drums, well, the outer part of them succumb to rust and they expand and drag on the backing plates. Make an awful noise.

·
loves his accord
75 Posts
just changed my wifes front pads and rotors after 5ys and 70k miles...pads and rotors looked brand new...kinda just wanted her to have new brakes before winter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts