Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
08 ACCORD EX-L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO, THE REAR BRAKES HAVE MADE NOISE EVER SINCE I GOT THE CAR LAST JULY. I BOUGHT A CPO O8 SEDAN WITH ONLY 1200 MILES ON IT. ANYWAY, THIS WEEK THE BRAKES STARTED RAISING ALL KINDS OF HELL, SO I MADE A LITTLE TRIP TO THE DEALERSHIP. AFTER EXPLAINING THAT I KNEW THAT HONDA KNEW ABOUT THE BRAKES, THE SERVICE MANAGER AGREED TO REPLACE THE REAR PADS FOR FREE. AN HOUR LATER, I ROLLED OUT WITH NEW PADS AND NO NOISE. (PROPS TO LEITH HONDA IN RALEIGH, NC FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING.):thmsup:

·
08 ACCORD EX-L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i try and give some good news about a problem that plagues gen8 owners and you worry about CAPS?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Damn.. Dude was just trying give his good news. What's the deal with everyone being so damn hostile on here these past few months? I don't care if in your opinion it's a dumb thread.. If that's what you think then bite your tongue. It's not necessary to go into dick mode and punk on the guy.

Congrats man, that's good to hear. I need to take mine in too and see what they'll do for me.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
damn.. Dude was just trying give his good news. What's the deal with everyone being so damn hostile on here these past few months? I don't care if in your opinion it's a dumb thread.. If that's what you think then bite your tongue. It's not necessary to go into dick mode and punk on the guy.

Congrats man, that's good to hear. I need to take mine in too and see what they'll do for me.
no, it's common courtesy that you don't type everything in caps, because it's like i'm totally yelling at you!!! It's not about being hostile. It's about common courtesy. I'm happy for the dude, but i didn't even read his post the first time because all i see is caps. :mad:

P.s. Forum software has a feature that automatically change all caps to normal letter. I don't know how he got past that. I couldn't even do it if I try...

·
08 ACCORD EX-L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
#8, thanks man! you're right, the forum police have been out in force the last few months. i can't believe that a post that started out as good news turned into a CAPS thing. to answer hittman's queston, no noise as of yet from the rear pads. also to hittman, thanks for that awesome diy video of the rsb swap. that came in handy when i did mine. YOU GET BY THE FILTER BY HITTING CAPS LOCK:naughty:

·
Super Moderator
7,848 Posts
Forum police? That's quite humorous, rest assured your all-caps posting is the least of our problems or concerns, please don't flatter yourself by elevating this to be a bigger issue than it really is, the only thing recommeded to you was for your post to be less annoying to read, isn't that a good thing? :dunno:

If you are still not convinced, then you should Google "Internet etiquette capital letters" and see what comes back, such as:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/08/14/how-to-be-polite-while-youre-online-practicing-good-netiquette/

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/do-not-use-all-capitals.html

And manny others.

It's your choice to not heed the general etiquette, however don't be surprised when others chime in when you do so.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I believe Daniel posted on this also but I don't see his post anymore... Yeah, it may be annoying but a simple "Hey can you not type in all caps next time please?" would suffice. It also wouldn't sound like you're calling him out. I'm not trying to start anything but all I'm trying to say is a little understanding and courtesy go a long way. :)

·
08 ACCORD EX-L
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aviography said:
Forum police? That's quite humorous, rest assured your all-caps posting is the least of our problems or concerns, please don't flatter yourself by elevating this to be a bigger issue than it really is, the only thing recommeded to you was for your post to be less annoying to read, isn't that a good thing?
Aviography said:
Forum police? That's quite humorous. Rest assured, your all-caps posting is the least of our problems or concerns. Please don't flatter yourself by elevating this to be a bigger issue than it really is. The only thing recommeded to you was for your post to be less annoying to read. Isn't that a good thing?
avio, i'll stop doing the all caps thing and you stop doing the run-on sentence thing. deal?:yes:

·
Super Moderator
7,848 Posts
Forum police? That's quite humorous, rest assured your all-caps posting is the least of our problems or concerns, please don't flatter yourself by elevating this to be a bigger issue than it really is, the only thing recommeded to you was for your post to be less annoying to read, isn't that a good thing?
Forum police? That's quite humorous. Rest assured, your all-caps posting is the least of our problems or concerns. Please don't flatter yourself by elevating this to be a bigger issue than it really is. The only thing recommeded to you was for your post to be less annoying to read. Isn't that a good thing? avio, i'll stop doing the all caps thing and you stop doing the run-on sentence thing. deal?:yes:
You must have really liked what I said to repeat it twice. :yes:

Look, you got your new brakes, good on you.

PLEASE don't use all caps for the whole paragraph in the future as per reasons already stated.

Case closed, thread closed.

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
3,914 Posts

:naughty:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.