Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed the SPC rear camber arm on Sunday. I took it to a place that I have been going to for years to get it back in alignment today. While I was sitting there waiting for my ride, I heard one of the workers saying “why would this guy put on an adjustable rear camber arm?” and then I heard the boss say “because that’s what the customer has, now just do it!”

Just got me a little worried. I mean I should have said something, but I didn’t. I’m just hoping this guy isn’t going to be the one working on my car, and if he does I sure hope he looks to his boss for help. I mean this shop (tire and alignment) has been in business for 20+ years, you would think they have run across this before, at least I hope.

So I guess my question is what do you think? Would you be nervous as well or just trust that they are an alignment shop and they will be able to get the thing back in specs? IDK, waiting for a call back from them, so I guess we will see

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Did you get a print out of the before / after degree measurements etc.?

The guy was probably new or something. I wouldn't be worried unless your car comes back with horrendous camber issues.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get a print out of the before / after degree measurements etc.?

The guy was probably new or something. I wouldn't be worried unless your car comes back with horrendous camber issues.
Haha, true…....no I’m waiting for them to call me back, I just dropped it off. I am DEFINETLY asking for the readout though….

·
Registered
191 Posts
my car was too low to make it on to the alignment machine, so the guy had to do it by hand. the weird thing is that he was unable to get my camber back into factory specs in the rear -_-. he claimed the closes he could get was 2 something

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well all is good. I just got my car back and they were able to get the alignment back to factory specs. Turns out they had an intern working that never heard of a rear camber kit. So I’m good, no more uneven wear for me!

Funny the kid was like man I love your car, you never see them on the road. I was like haha, yea start driving one and you will see them all over the road.

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Glad all is good..

BTW there is nothing they can do wrong with a camber arm.. haha.. If they would have messed up or something you can see the results haha..

Make sure you check the arm adjustable arm bolts.. make sure they are tight i had my Toe arm adjustable bolts get lose and my toe went crazy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts