·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
page 1

Special Tools Required
KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014
4-door
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations and the precautions and procedures before performing repairs or service.

NOTE:

Put on gloves to protect your hands.

Take care not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.

Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components.

Remove the C-pillar trim from both sides, without side curtain airbags, with side curtain airbags.

Remove the rear bulkhead cover (A).

-1 Pull the upper edge of the cover back to detach the hooks (B) and clips.
-2 Pull the bottom edge of the cover back to release the cover from the body flange.

Attachments

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
page 2

Remove the high mount brake light (A).

-1 From the trunk compartment, disconnect the high mount brake light bulb socket (B).
-2 Push the high mount brake light towards the rear window, and gently pry up at the back to release the front hooks (C).
-3 Release the rear hooks (D), then remove the high mount brake light.

Attachments

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
page 3

From both sides, pull the rear speaker grille (A) up to detach the clips (B, C), then remove the rear speaker grille.

Attachments

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
page 4

Remove the rear shelf (A).

-1 Pull the lock cylinder trim (B) up to release the hooks (C), then remove the trim from the rear seat-back lock cylinder (D).
-2 Lift the rear shelf to detach the clips.
-3 Pull the rear shelf toward the front of the vehicle.

Pull both rear seat belts (E) and rear center seat belt (F) out through the slits (G) in the rear shelf.

Install the shelf in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

Replace any damaged clips.

When installing the rear shelf, slip the rear seat belts and center seat belt through the slits in the rear shelf.

Push the clips and hooks into place securely.

Make sure the high mount brake light bulb socket is connected securely.

Attachments

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
page 4 for coupe;

Remove the rear shelf (A).

-1 From the trunk compartment, release the hooks (B) from the rear seat-back lock cylinder (C), then remove the lock cylinder trim (D).
-2 Lift the rear shelf to detach the clips.
-3 Release both rear corner edges (E) of the rear shelf from the rear window opening flange (F), and pull the rear shelf toward the front of the vehicle.

Pull the rear center seat belt (G) out through the slit (H) in the rear shelf.

Install the shelf in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

Replace any damaged clips.

When installing the rear shelf, slip the rear center seat belt through the slit in the rear shelf.

Push the clips and hooks into place securely.

Make sure the high mount brake light bulb socket is connected securely.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
thanks for all of these informative instructions Princess.

i have an 06 coupe and was wondering if the instructions on how to remove the rear deck is any different from 03-05 instructions given in this thread (i know i dont a high mount brake light). thanks!

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found it!!! :thmsup: There's mostly the same stuff, but at least this one also has the shelf without the 3rd brake light!!

Attachments

·
Banned
68 Posts
my screens wont pop back in due to the my infiniti speakers tweeter pop out and keep the screen from popping in. SUX so the always tattle because i just set them ontop

·
aka Rich
561 Posts
whoa whoa whoa whoa...you don't have to do all that to remove the speakers! there are clips that hold in the speaker grills! pop them out and it's 4 8mm bolts holding them in. unclip the harness and reverse order for the new speakers!

i did it with:
my coupe
various customer's sedans & coupes
6gen coupes & sedans
5th gen coupes & sedans (instead of clips, 3 small screws holding it on, but still no need to remove rear deck!)

·
A1 Status
244 Posts
I gotta dynamat my deck too..i did the whole trunk but the deck still rattles

·
1st Base
47 Posts
I gotta dynamat my deck too..i did the whole trunk but the deck still rattles
im taking out my third brake light, that is what rattles for me, no need for it anyways with the brake light on my spoiler!

·
Registered
1 Posts
trouble removing rear deck

thank you Princess for providing instructions!
Unfortunately I've run into a problem. It seems that the side parts of the rear seat that don't fold down are stopping me from removing the rear deck completely. Could you provide instructions on how to remove the side parts of the rear seat that don't fold down?
PS: This is on a 2005 honda accord sedan

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here you go.....

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
whoa whoa whoa whoa...you don't have to do all that to remove the speakers! there are clips that hold in the speaker grills! pop them out and it's 4 8mm bolts holding them in. unclip the harness and reverse order for the new speakers!

i did it with:
my coupe
various customer's sedans & coupes
6gen coupes & sedans
5th gen coupes & sedans (instead of clips, 3 small screws holding it on, but still no need to remove rear deck!)
i would like to revive this thread. While you are correct about this about doing JUST a speaker replacement, the only way to install dynamat around the speaker properly is to remove everything. I did a ghetto install of just speaker replacement in the rear and it's okay, but now that it's spring im going to be removing everything pretty soon. correct me if i'm wrong though!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd really like to install Dynamat on my rear deck I've done my doors but alot of bass comes from those rear 6x9's and rattles, does anyone know a thread or instructions on removing the rear deck in 07 Accord VP(sedan)? Thanks!

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts