Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 XL-E. I have white courtesy lights on both front doors. The rear doors have red lights. Are these actual lights or just reflectors ?

·
Registered
575 Posts
2006 XL-E. I have white courtesy lights on both front doors. The rear doors have red lights. Are these actual lights or just reflectors ?
I have a 03 EXL and I'm pretty sure only the fronts are actual lights. I don't recall ever seeing the courtesy lights on the rear doors lighting up. If I remember right, the 6th gen Accords had actual lights in the rear doors, but that was the last generation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 03 EXL and I'm pretty sure only the fronts are actual lights. I don't recall ever seeing the courtesy lights on the rear doors lighting up. If I remember right, the 6th gen Accords had actual lights in the rear doors, but that was the last generation.
In my '03 EX Accord, it's just a reflector. I have opened it up thinking I could put an LED light there, but nope.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Its a reflector, it does have a slot for a bulb socket, so maybe they did think about adding them at some point in design.

·
khol
106 Posts
My '07 SE also just has reflectors for the rear passenger doors. I am pretty sure they put them there so it is easier for drivers at night to see the door is open so they don't accidentally hit it. They are there for safety.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts