Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO,

I drive a 2015 Honda Accord LX
107,000 miles (approx.)

When i open any of the doors or trunk, i get the notification on my dash that shows which door is open. My passenger rear door is not longer showing up but all of the other doors and trunk are. I am assuming maybe the wire to the door sensor is out or the sensor itself is out. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to self-diagnose this or even just to narrow down the cause to this

· Premium Member
3,547 Posts
It could be a few things including a fuse..so check there first to see if any of those circuits for the door open dash lights are on lower amp fuses, like 7.5 or something.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Remove the door jamb switch and have a go at with it's wires. It is either open or short circuit type . Without looking at electric diagram, I would guess that switch is in open position then door is closed, when door is open the plunger inside of it is spring loaded contact that becomes in contact with the other contact that is on second wire, this completing circuit.
Try opening the door and give that switch a wiggle and while pushing and releasing it a few times, maybe contacts inside of it became oxidized.

· Registered
3,111 Posts
@MSIMMONS21 - If you turn the ignition key just to the ON position, does that door's indicator LED show up on the display for a few seconds along with the other door and trunk indicators and then they all go out?

If that LED doesn't light up, then the LED in the display panel may be faulty rather than that door switch. So you might want to check that out, before you get too deep into this.

Another way to check might be to see if the ceiling light comes on when you open that door, assuming it does come on when you open the driver's side passenger door...

· Registered
3,348 Posts
This morning I noticed that when I opened my driver's door, there was no cluster panel indicator lit. This happened before and after vehicle was driven, doors were opened via proximity door handle sensor, parking brake engaged, interior lights came on.

· Registered
3,111 Posts
It's official, whenever doors or trunk is open there's no indication on cluster panel when engine is off and vehicle is in park.
Yes, that's exactly why I said the OP has to turn the ignition key to the ON position (not Start) to see if the dash display lights up all 4 "open door" indicators for a few seconds to know if that display is faulty or if the rear passenger door switch may have a problem...

· Registered
3,348 Posts
*Update, the open doors and trunk indicators do come on briefly during engine startup. Appropriate open door indicators do come on when engine is running only. I wonder if it has anything to do with keyfob battery juice level.

· Registered
3,111 Posts
No, those indicators all only light up for a few sec when the ignition is switched to ON. Has nothing to do with the keyfob or anything else.

They light up when you turn the key to ON as a simple test to show that all indicators light up. It's not meant to show the actual status of anything that's being monitored by those idiot lights.

And @MSIMMONS21 hasn't told us if the LED for the rear passenger door comes on during that test or not...

· Registered
3,348 Posts
I do not know about OP, seems to be a one time poster gone with the wind. But, I have this issue in my 2017 v6 sedan with same behavior from all doors and trunk. There seems to be nothing mentioned in the service manual. Looks like electrical diagram will need to be pulled and dissected.

· Registered
3,348 Posts
The issue is that when engine is off and you unlock vehicle via keyfob or door handle sensor and then open the door, the cluster panel indicator does not light up which door is open/ajar. It only works when engine is running. I looked through manual earlier today before work, when I posted about my problem, nothing useful there.
I do believe everything worked before, I didn't even realized it wasn't working on my car until OP made a post.

· Registered
3,111 Posts
@Cepega - That's just the way it works. Those dashboard indicators don't come on when you open a door, but interior lights and dash backlight should come on, assuming they're set to turn on when a door is opened.

Don't think you have any problems and you're just not remembering the way things work...

S'OK, we all have memory lapses, and some, like me, have more than our share of them... :giggle:

· Registered
3,348 Posts
Oh come on dude, my old cars had and have cluster indicator that shows that some door is open, even though it may not exactly indicate which one. This is gonna make me get dressed and go outside and grab a snapshot or even a short video from 2006 Accord as that's what I have handy at the moment to compare the 2017 to. Damn it cold and windy out there, oh and the leather/pleather seats in 2006 are effin freezing in the cold and don't you get me started on that shifter knob in the cold weather and hot summer.

· Registered
3,111 Posts
@Cepega - I just opened the driver's door on my '16 EX CVT Coupe with engine off. The "door open" indicator does not come on. The backlight behind the speedo, tach etc comes on but nothing else.

If you remote start the car, the door indicator probably does come on when you open a door while the engine is running, but that's not the same thing...

· Registered
3,348 Posts
@Cepega - I just opened the driver's door on my '16 EX CVT Coupe with engine off. The "door open" indicator does not come on. The backlight behind the speedo, tach etc comes on but nothing else.

If you remote start the car, the door indicator probably does come on when you open a door while the engine is running, but that's not the same thing...
That's what I've been saying in my observations.
Now, I briefly drove my 2006 v6 Mt and guess what, it does the same thing.
Wow Honda, one step forward, 7 back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.