Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have installed one, which spot did you install it in? If its in the center (my preference) did you just use seatbelt and latch under headrest?

I was just flipping through manual to install seat later today and noticed the accord doesn't have center latches

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine kid's car seat is installed on the driver side. As you said, there is no center latches so I never bothered. I'm fairly short, so it doesn't interfere with my seat (he's forward facing now though).

I always found the seatbelt restraint to be looser than latch. I now it's perfectly acceptable, but IMO I preferred the latch system.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
For those of you that have installed one, which spot did you install it in? If its in the center (my preference) did you just use seatbelt and latch under headrest?

I was just flipping through manual to install seat later today and noticed the accord doesn't have center latches

Mine was behind the drivers seat. I just turned him forward over the weekend.

Jay

·
Registered
296 Posts
^What he/she said, use the inner two latches from either side. But I have a forward facing behind me, and rear behind passenger.

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
ya, there are no centre latches.
i have 2 car seats in the back facing forward for my twins.
lots of room for when you turn the seat around.
with attaching the strap to the headrest support, the seats are strapped in nice and tight

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To use the center you just use the two latch anchors that are near the middle.
I tried that, the latches didn't seem long enough, plus it looked like it would interfere with seatbelt from the two window seats

I just installed using middle seat belt, will let local police inspect and see what they say

Thanks everyone!

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
It's long enough

It wont interfere if you do it correctly. The two metal latches in between the bottom seat and back seat are the most sturdy and safe in my opinion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
To use the center you just use the two latch anchors that are near the middle.
No! I'm paranoid about this because car accidents are the leading cause of death among young kids. Take every step you can to prevent this.

Honda DOES NOT allow the latch anchors from the two outboard seats to be used when installing a seat in the middle (p. 57 of owner's manual - "A LATCH-compatible child seat can be installed IN EITHER of the two outer rear seats."). Even if Honda did, the seat's manufacturer also would need to approve of the installation using latch anchors from two separate seats. The reason is the difference in width between the anchors.

If you have one kid, the middle is ALWAYS the safest spot.

Also, keep your child rear facing as long as possible - your child is up to 500% more likely to be injured forward facing rather than rear facing (see American Academy of Pediatrics link here)

A number of inexpensive seats let you keep your child rear facing until 40-45 lbs, though some kids will be too tall for the seat before they reach the weight limit.

I have a Diono Radian RXT with the "angle adjuster" installed in my Accord rear facing and have no legroom issues even when the seat is at the end of its rearward travel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts