Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried adjusting it multiple times but I'm starting to think my calipers are bad, or at least the parking brake part. I tried manually moving the parking brake by putting a 12mm wrench on it but the wheel still spins. When the parking brake is pulled it is supposed to rotate the brake piston but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there a way to tell if I need new calipers? Anyone else run into this?

·
Justin
34 Posts
I have tried adjusting it multiple times but I'm starting to think my calipers are bad, or at least the parking brake part. I tried manually moving the parking brake by putting a 12mm wrench on it but the wheel still spins. When the parking brake is pulled it is supposed to rotate the brake piston but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there a way to tell if I need new calipers? Anyone else run into this?
Ran into this about 2 months ago. I would apply the parking brake and then it would never fully release and they were dragging. Tried to lubricate the parking brake arm but it did not work ended up replacing the rear calipers.

You should be able to move the arm by hand on the rear of the calipers, it sounds like what you did was undo the bolt on the arm rather than move the arm to apply the parking brake. I would put it in the air and try to move the arm not the bolt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasn't working before I tried putting a wrench to it and the wrench was only to move the arm easier, it definitely did not loosen the bolt. I could move it back and forth by hand from one end stop to the other but it didn't do anything, meaning it didn't squeeze the pads. In the picture I circled the E-brake arm with the bolt I used to help rotate it

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts