Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I need some guidance on how to remove the rear seat bottom in an 2011 Accord Sedan. I did a search and found some instructions for earlier years but they do not appear to apply to the 2011. I say that because I see a yellow airbag looking connector on the bottom of the seat (in the middle) that's not referenced as well as a screw in the bottom center.

Anyone have any instructions on how to remove the rear seat bottom? I'm trying to track down the source of yet another rattle...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Lifted from another forum:
The seat bottom is held in place by a single bolt at the back, and a couple hooks at the front. Where the seat back and seat bottom meet, pull the seat bottom cushion back and there should be a single bolt toward the middle. Remove that bolt and make sure the seat belt buckles are all out of the way. Then tilt the seat bottom toward the front of the car and that will clear the front hooks and should be able to pull the bottom up and out of the way.

Google is your friend...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I removed a rear seat bottom out of a 2008 Accord Sedan but it looks like things have changed in the 2011. I don't recall seeing yellow wiring and some sensor mounted under the front and center of the rear seat.

If you pull up slightly on the front of the rear seat you should be able to see it.

That's why I was curious if the procedure for the 2011 is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts