Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 EX-L sedan. The rear sear is not split other than the center cup holder/arm rest fold down. I have a car seat so I cannot folw down the rear at all to have a port into the trunk. I have a 15" sub in the trunk and would like to make a cutout in the panel behind the arm rest to allow more bass inside of the cabin. Has anyone done this? If so, do you have any advice or photos? Thanks much!

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I have a 2013 EX-L sedan. The rear sear is not split other than the center cup holder/arm rest fold down. I have a car seat so I cannot folw down the rear at all to have a port into the trunk. I have a 15" sub in the trunk and would like to make a cutout in the panel behind the arm rest to allow more bass inside of the cabin. Has anyone done this? If so, do you have any advice or photos? Thanks much!
Let us know how you make out! :thmsup:

Why not remove the factory sub in the rear deck which has no use now with a 15" in the tunk and not cut anything? 30min start to finish to remove that factory sub.

Jay

·
Registered
167 Posts
Why not remove the factory sub in the rear deck which has no use now with a 15" in the tunk and not cut anything? 30min start to finish to remove that factory sub.
Would be easy for the cars with a factory sub.

I am curious about the OP's idea also as I have a Sport and removing the factory sub is not an option for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let us know how you make out! :thmsup:

Jay
I already did that. I want even more of the sound to enter the cabin.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have wondered this as well on my sport. I folded down the armrest and cup holder and pulled out the black plastic backing...but behind the cloth there seems to be a support bracket. I believe it is linked to the part for baby seats, but I am not sure.

If you decide to cut, let us know how it goes, I'd love to have mine open to allow the bass to come into the car a bit more.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have wondered this as well on my sport. I folded down the armrest and cup holder and pulled out the black plastic backing...but behind the cloth there seems to be a support bracket. I believe it is linked to the part for baby seats, but I am not sure.

If you decide to cut, let us know how it goes, I'd love to have mine open to allow the bass to come into the car a bit more.
I was thinking of cutting out a 8" hole and installing a generic subwoofer grill into the hole and seal the edges. Do you think this would work?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have seen people done similar on other vehicles when I searched for this in google. I just don't know how important the vertical bar is and what part it plays in the structure of the car. Fold your seat down and run your hand left to right where the cut would be made, you should be able to feel the bar I am talking about.

Here is a post I had found. Different car, but same concept you want to do. Only thing that I see an issue with the accord...the bar mentioned about. The guy that cut his bmw said they only had cloth and plastic over the armrest pass through area.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450520&page=3

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good timing! :)
Here's mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts