Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought a used 2004 Honda Accord EX stick shift from a private seller yesterday. The seller gave me just one master key that has the remote lock/unlock buttons. I am trying to figure out how the rear seats fold down. I read through the manual and it says that I should turn the key in the rear shelf (the keyhole between the rear speakers). I tried to do that, but the key won't turn. I also tried to pull the lever in the trunk which seemed like a release for the seats, but that won't budge much either.

I also noticed there's a keyhole next to the trunk/fuel cap release, and my key doesn't turn there also. The car starts with this key. I also tried to unlock the driver's side door and trunk with the key and it worked fine. Can someone help me understand what's going on?

Thank you,

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,623 Posts
Hello,

I bought a used 2004 Honda Accord EX stick shift from a private seller yesterday. The seller gave me just one master key that has the remote lock/unlock buttons. I am trying to figure out how the rear seats fold down. I read through the manual and it says that I should turn the key in the rear shelf (the keyhole between the rear speakers). I tried to do that, but the key won't turn. I also tried to pull the lever in the trunk which seemed like a release for the seats, but that won't budge much either.

I also noticed there's a keyhole next to the trunk/fuel cap release, and my key doesn't turn there also. The car starts with this key. I also tried to unlock the driver's side door and trunk with the key and it worked fine. Can someone help me understand what's going on?

Thank you,
There is a thin odd-shaped metal rod that connects the keyhole to the actual release mechanism. Your might be broke, or missing.

Due to years of not using it, there should be a release strap in order to release the seats so that they can fold down.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts