Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 V6 Navi Sedan... I just got the Blackberry Gateway and hooked it up and it works great.

But, I've been noticing that my rear speakers (including the sub) are not always working... I changed the fader to all the way in the back except for one notch in the front, so when they finally kick on I can tell... and it seems like they come on 5-10 minutes into my ride.

anyone else have this issue or know what can be causing it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
sounds like a grounding problem. Were the speakers replaced in your car, or perhaps an amp installed? Perhaps the installer didn't do a perfect job with the install, if the speakers were changed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, all stock.

As I've been paying attention more, they seem to come on EXACTLY five minute after the car is started (I've been watching the trio computer to tell).

Don't think it's related to the blackberry device, that just plugs into the cigarette lighter and uses Bluetooth.

Thought maybe it could be a fuse, but then they'd never work, and otherwise the stereo/nav/Bluetooth are all working fine.

Any other ideas?? Software issue with the stereo/nav maybe?

·
Registered
222 Posts
it sounds like an amp problem, definitely have the dealer take a look at it.

In the meantime, go ahead and try other sources for your music (i.e. radio, xm, cd) and make sure it does the same thing.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nope, all stock.

As I've been paying attention more, they seem to come on EXACTLY five minute after the car is started (I've been watching the trio computer to tell).

Don't think it's related to the blackberry device, that just plugs into the cigarette lighter and uses Bluetooth.

Thought maybe it could be a fuse, but then they'd never work, and otherwise the stereo/nav/Bluetooth are all working fine.

Any other ideas?? Software issue with the stereo/nav maybe?
I'm gonna guess the factory amp is going bad. If the car is still under factory warrenty, take it to the dealer & have them replace the factory amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts