Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this may be a silly question but do you guys think a 6th gen spoiler would fit a 7th gen? If so do you know of anyone that has done it and has pictures? Thanks.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Can you please specify what year off of a 6G and 7G that you are inquiring about? For instance, Honda normally runs a generation for five years (i.e. '03-07) and normally does a face lift on the last two years of the generation (i.e. '06-07) which some times includes a different bumper, trunk lid and tail lamps. This can affect which spoiler can/will fit.

·
Super Moderator
3,430 Posts
You'd have to take measurements. Even if it did fit, spoilers usually are designed to go with the body lines so they end up looking out of place on a different model. You can probably find very cheap OEM style or even OEM floating around eBay.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Based upon the following pics I would say no. The 6G has a very flat, squared off trunk lid and rear quarter panels. The 7G coupe received a much more rounded trunk lid and panels. The only way to be 100% sure would be to actually get a hold of the 6G spoiler, measure the width of the mount points, and test fit it onto your trunk lid. It may look awkward with the curvature of your 7G, though. They are very similar spoilers...just by googling 2003 Accord coupe spoiler, I came across many places selling them for your 7G for < $100 and only another $80 if you wanted it painted. Why not just go that route?

1999 Accord Coupe

2003 Accord Coupe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the 6th gen spoiler like more than the 7th gen one, but thinking further into it, it would like a bit awkward since the 03 is curvier like you mentioned. Thank you for the help though!! :)

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
That's what we're here for :) G'luck and keep us posted with pics of what you choose to do!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts