Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Accord'ing
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried looking or installing or have installed a rear spoiler on a 7th gen?..im looking to install a rear spoiler, on my 2005 accord ex, nothing special just a regular old spoiler on my trunk and havent found much posts on them...was wondering if there are any websites selling this and how installing it would be like?

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard to do. Just get a factory spoiler. The only hard part I can think of is installing unhooking the connector from the high mount brake light and hooking it up to your third brake light on your spoiler. Check out some of the parts dealers posted in the stickies on here or if you're lucky, another member might sell one used to you for cheap.

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not Too Bad

Physically affixing the stock "Wing" spoiler isn't that difficult, although you must drill holes in your trunk lid. The somewhat difficult part is replacing the steel rod springs that modulate trunk action. THAT was a pain in the ass.

But all in all, I'd say the effort it takes to install yourself is worth the money saved on labor. And in truth, the whole thing isn't that bad, in terms of difficulty...

·
Northern Canada
76 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts