Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed last week that my left rear wheel is humming when I get up to speed around 30mph and gets worse as I get up to 70mph. I have also noticed in the last few weeks that my brakes are starting to squeak. Coud this humming noise be related to needing the rear brake pads replaced? So sad..only just hit 19,000 miles. I was wondering if folks have had issues with wheel bearings and maybe that was also the cause of my noise. I have taken off my tire and checked it out and there is nothing stuck in it at all that would cause noise:dunno: Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just noticed last week that my left rear wheel is humming when I get up to speed around 30mph and gets worse as I get up to 70mph. I have also noticed in the last few weeks that my brakes are starting to squeak. Coud this humming noise be related to needing the rear brake pads replaced? So sad..only just hit 19,000 miles. I was wondering if folks have had issues with wheel bearings and maybe that was also the cause of my noise. I have taken off my tire and checked it out and there is nothing stuck in it at all that would cause noise:dunno: Thanks for any help!
its the brakes. it has the same issue as my car
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40507
print out n take to dealership =]
read my post also http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50437

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would start with the brake pads. Honda has been through 4- designs thus far. The latest uses a V-spring. The caliper pins are probably installed backwards (top and bottom reversed) also. I good dealer should make it right. Good luck finding one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting..thanks for all the info so far. It would be nice to find out that what I thought was a constant tire noise is related to the brakes. At least I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone with replacing the rear brake pads. I hope its that simple. The squeaking on the other hand only happens when I apply the brakes and it doesn't squeal all the time. Go figure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

Took it in and it was indeed a problem with the right rear bearing. It was replaced under warranty. I had them also look at my brakes and they said they were in great condition. The car is now driving great. A little disturbing though that after only 1.5 years that I had to replace a wheel bearing. I'm very good on the car.:dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts