Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got the car in August 2020 2.0T my rear defrost has not worked properly like my AcuraRL. Although it appear to work very slow. It take about 5 to 15 minutes at best would heat up slowly. when I turn rear defrost on also. The rear window appears to have been tinted but not totally sure. Bring it to dealer for check. The service guy said it work slower than other cars but he said it fine. I don't know? I wait until Nov, December if still not working properly I will bring it back.

·
Registered
341 Posts

There is a thread in the hybrid Accord part of the forum and several people have complained about how slow it works. I haven't gone through a winter with my new Accord yet, but found that it has cleared the window on colder mornings within a few minutes when there's some cloudiness or dew on the outside glass.

It is important to note that Honda does not call it a rear defroster. They call it a rear defogger.

I have owned a few cars in my lifetime- and each new one has a worse rear defogger (or defroster) than the previous one. My 1998 Camry had an awesome one that would easily melt a thin layer of snow or ice within a few minutes. My 2007 Camry's was weaker- but still would melt snow or ice- but would take longer. My 2016 Accord's wouldn't melt snow unless it was very light and didn't do much for ice. Eventually it would clear- but it was probably the fact that the interior temperature of the car was warming the glass. This winter will let me see if my 2019 is any better.

It seems like newer cars either don't have defoggers or defrosters that actually are designed to clear snow or ice. I'm not sure if that is just cost-cutting or an attempt to be more environmentally friendly- as those systems do use a lot of power.

·
2018 LX
161 Posts
Definitely slow, sometimes I be checking to make sure I turned it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts