Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a new 2013 accord exl-v6 coupe. I was wondering if I get it tinted will the glare from people behind me stop? There's a lot of spots everyday after cleaning due to how the back window was made. Streaks when cars are close to me. Will tinting help?

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
No PRND
583 Posts
The streaks are probably from the off-gassing. Clean it using a nice cotton towel and then go over it again with a microfiber. It will look clean and then the streaks will be back in a few days. Tint will cut the amount of light coming into your window but it wont stop the off-gassing from being there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the offgass. It's fine if I clean the outside. Offgassing has stopped due to it really cold now.

·
Registered
271 Posts
dont even mention trying to clean the glass around the brake lights. can't hardly even fit anything to clean the haze on the rear glass around the upper brake light. trying to come up with something to make it easy and not to have to take rear deck off to get close enough to get everything.

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts
dont even mention trying to clean the glass around the brake lights. can't hardly even fit anything to clean the haze on the rear glass around the upper brake light. trying to come up with something to make it easy and not to have to take rear deck off to get close enough to get everything.
Having a hard time also. Still not as clean as I wanted.

·
Home of the Hunters
75 Posts
Having a hard time also. Still not as clean as I wanted.
I bought an invisible glass window cleaner pad on a handle to get in those tight spots, as for outside water marks you can use spray wax on it or invisible glass cleaner with rainx for exterior glass. If you go on http://www.detailedimage.com
For glass cleaner products and get some blackfire wet diamond if you hadn't done so yet your whole car will look like glass!

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts
I just pull the seat back forward to reach the glass back there.
So you can drop or move the rear speakers/dash to clean window?

When I first bought the (brand new) car it (rear window) has a haze like it was fogged up (all the time). I thought it was a flaw, turns out it was just factory dirty.

Can't use spay cleaners because it gets into speakers.

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts
I bought an invisible glass window cleaner pad on a handle to get in those tight spots, as for outside water marks you can use spray wax on it or invisible glass cleaner with rainx for exterior glass. If you go on http://www.detailedimage.com
For glass cleaner products and get some blackfire wet diamond if you hadn't done so yet your whole car will look like glass!
Thanks,
Dan.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes, the tints will reduce glare by a lot.
I always drove a car with tints, and when I got the Honda it was the first car I drove with out tints and it drove me crazy! because every single ****ing thing reflected on it, but the good thing is that, my dad can't drive with out tints either, so the next day he got me tints :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ditto. 2013 LXS Coupe. That back window angle is -crazy-. Never owned something like this that's for sure. Ditto- I also have the Invisible Glass cleaning wand thing and even with that I can't get to the last 1/2" probably. I also have some kind of film on the inside I don't get, like someone was smoking in the car but I question that. When things fogged up the first time I could see where the dealer had done a once-over, and it looked like the remanants of a smoker's car windows- that film moved around but not removed. But, whatever it is it's not off yet with a 2time one round of invisible glass and a microfiber. I 'll try the cotton/micro suggestion, thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
'13 EX coupe here. I too have noticed the reocurring film/haze. I have since purchased invisible glass spray and the wand as well. I follow cleaning instructions to the tee and sometimes the film/haze is there the next day! Never had any problems with previous coupes or hatchbacks. Not sure what the deal is.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Inside is apparently normal says Hondas service manager I have spoken to. Frankly I'm sure he is full of it since I've never see that on a car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the sedan, and haven't ever had a film/haze on the back window. That's really weird and I wonder what's causing it. It will get hazy quicker driving with windows or sunroof open, but it's sort of cold for that at the moment.

·
Freelance Gynecologist
215 Posts
To answer your question in the most succinct manner possible:

1) Yes, I noticed a haze on my rear window when I got it.

2) When I had my car tinted, I stopped noticing it. I have 20% all around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts