Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to get the Rearview Camera Guidelines to stay put or "Fixed" as the manual puts it?

I spent a month trying to adapt to the "Dynamic Guidelines" and I simply can't adapt, old dog new tricks or what have you. I do see however, there is an option to have the lines "Fixed" so that it stays in place (I'd assume) as the steering wheel turns. When I go into my settings, it would appear that I already have it set to "Fixed", yet the guidelines still bend with my wheel turns.

Has anyone been able to achieve what I'm looking for or am I misunderstanding the settings and it is simply not possible?

Link to the owners manual settings: owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2018/Accord-Sedan/features/Multi-Angle-Rearview-Camera

Attachments

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I've never tried that because I want the dynamic guidelines so I know where I'm aiming the car as I back up. I drove a car once for a few days with static guidelines and hated it because it wasn't an honest representation of what was going on.

Anyway, maybe it depends on which camera view you are using? That's the only thing I can think of right off.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
@chubrock, you don't say which model of Accord you have. (It's helpful to put this information in your signature.)

If you have an LX...

MENU/CLOCK > Settings > Rear Camera > Fixed Guideline > On
MENU/CLOCK > Settings > Rear Camera > Dynamic Guideline > Off

If you have any other trim...

HOME > Settings > Camera > Rear Camera > Fixed Guideline > ON
HOME > Settings > Camera > Rear Camera > Dynamic Guideline > OFF

This should make the fixed guidelines appear when you shift to reverse, but the guidelines will not move when you turn the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
chubrock, what was it about the dynamic lines that didn't work for you? I like knowing where I'm angling when I back up to know if I am going to clear whatever might be back there. Just curious.

·
Reverse
137 Posts
I didn't delve into this too much, but i tried the "fixed" option to see if I could get it to work and it didn't seem to work for me either. I need to actually look at that for more than 30 seconds.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I just went and checked mine. With Fixed ON and Dynamic OFF, I get yellow guidelines that don't move. With Fixed ON and Dynamic ON, I get yellow guidelines until I turn the steering wheel then they turn orange and show me where the vehicle will be based on the current steering angle. With Fixed OFF, Dynamic will be OFF as well. NOTE: Be sure to touch "Save" at the bottom of the screen.

Personally, I find the dynamic guidelines to be invaluable. For example, my brother lives at the end of cul-de-sac His short driveway is at a 35º angle relative to the street and has a compound slope making it awkward to back into since other visual reference points like fences don't share this angle. I could never back in parallel with his driveway until I started relying on the dynamic guidelines. Now, I can back in perfectly every time.

·
Reverse
137 Posts
That's the difference. There's one place in the menus where you only have the "fixed" on/off option. I need a menu chart!

I like the dynamic lines mode as well.

·
Reverse
137 Posts
It's in the Owner's Manual.
Yeah, that figures... RTFM. :smile

@chubrock, you don't say which model of Accord you have. (It's helpful to put this information in your signature.)

If you have an LX...

MENU/CLOCK > Settings > Rear Camera > Fixed Guideline > On
MENU/CLOCK > Settings > Rear Camera > Dynamic Guideline > Off

If you have any other trim...

HOME > Settings > Camera > Rear Camera > Fixed Guideline > ON
HOME > Settings > Camera > Rear Camera > Dynamic Guideline > OFF

This should make the fixed guidelines appear when you shift to reverse, but the guidelines will not move when you turn the steering wheel.

Okay, strange situation. I no longer have the "Dynamic Guideline" option at all.
Dynamic Guidelines in orange work no matter what I do. The only setting I can change is whether i can see the yellow Fixed Guidelines before I turn the wheel or after I straighten out again.

It seems like choosing options on that screen has eliminated the Dynamic Guideline ON/OFF option entirely. It sort of makes sense to me in a way. Why have 2 guideline options that seem to be similar? The options seemed like they should have been
Guidelines: FIXED/DYNAMIC instead of two options with ON/OFF. Maybe the last update fixed that and it needed selecting to clean up the screen?

BTW, I did RTFM. :grin

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Okay, strange situation. I no longer have the "Dynamic Guideline" option at all.
Dynamic Guidelines in orange work no matter what I do. The only setting I can change is whether i can see the yellow Fixed Guidelines before I turn the wheel or after I straighten out again.

It seems like choosing options on that screen has eliminated the Dynamic Guideline ON/OFF option entirely. It sort of makes sense to me in a way. Why have 2 guideline options that seem to be similar? The options seemed like they should have been
Guidelines: FIXED/DYNAMIC instead of two options with ON/OFF. Maybe the last update fixed that and it needed selecting to clean up the screen?

BTW, I did RTFM. :grin
That's definitely not normal. :)

I agree that there should be only ONE parameter with THREE settings (Guidelines: Off/Fixed/Dynamic), since two settings can be confusing.

When I turn Fixed Guideline to OFF, the setting for Dynamic Guideline turns off and grays out and cannot be changed which prevents me from turning Dynamic Guideline ON while Fixed Guideline is OFF.

Neither of the two software updates that haven been released for the 2018 Accord mention anything about this.

If I were you, I'd first try to default the vehicle settings by pressing HOME > Settings > Vehicle > Default > Yes.

If that didn't work, I'd try to default the system settings by pressing HOME > Settings > System > Factory Data Reset > Continue > Continue.

If that didn't work, I'd disconnect the negative battery cable, touch it to the positive cable, the reconnect it.

If that didn't work, I'd take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which one of the options fixed it?

If I were you, I'd first try to default the vehicle settings by pressing HOME > Settings > Vehicle > Default > Yes.

If that didn't work, I'd try to default the system settings by pressing HOME > Settings > System > Factory Data Reset > Continue > Continue.

If that didn't work, I'd disconnect the negative battery cable, touch it to the positive cable, the reconnect it.

If that didn't work, I'd take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having problem with my Honda Accord2013 with the both dynamic and fixed guidelines rear camera it doesn’t show but sometimes it does especially when the battery is changed but once I switched it off the both guidelines switch it back disappears again plus the dashboard’s speedometer’s changing colors

1 - 14 of 14 Posts