Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local Honda dealer called this morning and notified me of a recall to replace the fuel pump in my 2018 Accord Sport 2.0t.
I did a vin search, NHTSA search and Honda.com... Nothing definitive came up specifically for the Accord/fuel pump. Or anything else for that matter, well, except for the backup camera.
Oh, and I searched Drive Accord also.
My appointment with the dealer is Wednesday 3 June, and I'll pass on any details.

By the way, I'm a little suspicious of this and told the person at the dealership who called this had better not end up with me paying for a new cabin filter. And, I read some the comments on other recall threads - Rick :).

·
Registered
26 Posts
This was in the news today:

TORRANCE, Calif. (AP) — Honda says it is recalling 437,000 vehicles in the U.S. to fix a fuel-pump issue.
The recall covers model-year 2016-2018 Acura MDXs, 2015-2019 Acura TLX V6s and 2015-2017 Honda Accord V6s.
The automaker says the vehicles’ software needs to be updated, and in some cases, have their fuel pumps replaced.
That’s because sodium particulates in some U.S. gasoline can stick to internal components in the fuel pumps, reducing the pumps’ performance. In hot weather, this could limit the vehicle’s acceleration or cause its engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Honda says it has received no reports of crashes or injuries because of the issue.
Owners will be notified by letter in late March, after which they are advised to take the vehicles to authorized dealers.
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was in the news today:

TORRANCE, Calif. (AP) — Honda says it is recalling 437,000 vehicles in the U.S. to fix a fuel-pump issue.
The recall covers model-year 2016-2018 Acura MDXs, 2015-2019 Acura TLX V6s and 2015-2017 Honda Accord V6s.
The automaker says the vehicles’ software needs to be updated, and in some cases, have their fuel pumps replaced.
That’s because sodium particulates in some U.S. gasoline can stick to internal components in the fuel pumps, reducing the pumps’ performance. In hot weather, this could limit the vehicle’s acceleration or cause its engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Honda says it has received no reports of crashes or injuries because of the issue.
Owners will be notified by letter in late March, after which they are advised to take the vehicles to authorized dealers.
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed
I read this while searching for anything relevant for a 10 gen Accord recall.
Don't really know but, since I don't have the car serviced by the dealer -ever -, I'm suspicious.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I read this while searching for anything relevant for a 10 gen Accord recall.
Don't really know but, since I don't have the car serviced by the dealer -ever -, I'm suspicious.
The announcement that @accordstu posted reads exactly like the one Honda released in 2019 about fuel pump issues in V6 Accords. And even if it's newly released today, it doesn't mention anything about Gen 10 Accords. So maybe the dealer called in response to the Denso fuel pump recall...?

And FWIW, a class-action lawsuit was filed this month against Honda because of fuel pump issues in 2013-2019 Hondas....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The announcement that @accordstu posted reads exactly like the one Honda released in 2019 about fuel pump issues in V6 Accords. And even if it's newly released today, it doesn't mention anything about Gen 10 Accords. So maybe the dealer called in response to the Denso fuel pump recall...?

And FWIW, a class-action lawsuit was filed this month against Honda because of fuel pump issues in 2013-2019 Hondas....
Thank you. I'll ask to see and to inspect the part that is replaced, and look for the damage that was described in your post.

·
NextCruise
42 Posts
The local Honda dealer called this morning and notified me of a recall to replace the fuel pump in my 2018 Accord Sport 2.0t.
I did a vin search, NHTSA search and Honda.com... Nothing definitive came up specifically for the Accord/fuel pump. Or anything else for that matter, well, except for the backup camera.
Oh, and I searched Drive Accord also.
My appointment with the dealer is Wednesday 3 June, and I'll pass on any details.
Since you checked the Honda website and your vehicle was not listed I would assume your car is not impacted. I don't think I would make an appointment based on a dealer call unless you have other business at the dealership. The scope of the recall may increase in the future and you will be notified at that time.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since you checked the Honda website and your vehicle was not listed I would assume your car is not impacted. I don't think I would make an appointment based on a dealer call unless you have other business at the dealership. The scope of the recall may increase in the future and you will be notified at that time.
Exactly! I've had a couple of cars recalled and, when I got the call I was puzzled trending toward suspicious of the notification because, seemingly and after checking normal sources, it only applied to my car. But, I'm going to take it in and see just what I'm dealing with. If it's legit I'll thank them and be on my way. If it is anything else I'll go off like a trip flare... :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Do dealers typically call about recalls? I thought this is usually done by Honda America through the mail?

Reactions: Miker

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Do dealers typically call about recalls? I thought this is usually done by Honda America through the mail?
They sometimes do.
Manufacturers typically keep dealers apprised of updates, pretty quickly, if not only for the fact that there may be vehicles sitting on lots at the time, either for sale, or for service appointments...that have been identified as falling under that recall.
Vehicles cannot be sold unless those recalls have been completed.
If it's also determined to be a "safety recall" then those vehicles cannot be test driven, either, except by a technician, or employee.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received a recall notice from my Hondalink app 3 days ago. No detailed PDF available yet as of today. I'm in Canada & I have a 2019 Accord touring 2.0t.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I received a recall notice from my Hondalink app 3 days ago. No detailed PDF available yet as of today. I'm in Canada & I have a 2019 Accord touring 2.0t. View attachment 521152
(y)So far it's just you and me, zacmartha.

I checked various sources this morning for any recall news and still no mention of a 10th generation 2018 or 2019 Accord and fuel pump issues.

Has your Accord given you any indication of a 'fuel pump' problem?

Well, two more days and I'll know what is up, and do my best to relate some meaningful information as to what it's all about.

·
2.0T
45 Posts

I checked various sources this morning for any recall news and still no mention of a 10th generation 2018 or 2019 Accord and fuel pump issues.

Well, two more days and I'll know what is up, and do my best to relate some meaningful information as to what it's all about.
I've been checking around as well and haven't been able to find anything for the 2018/2019 Accords. Curious to see what the dealership tells you.

Reactions: NoEgo

·
Registered
25 Posts

I haven't noticed any symptoms of bad fuel pump. You?

I have an appointment tomorrow at dealership to change summer tires, I will ask my service advisor about this recall. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't noticed any symptoms of bad fuel pump. You?

I have an appointment tomorrow at dealership to change summer tires, I will ask my service advisor about this recall. I will keep you posted.
No problems at all. The car runs perfectly and has 18k miles.

I've been checking around as well and haven't been able to find anything for the 2018/2019 Accords. Curious to see what the dealership tells you.
Wednesday morning at 11 a.m. CST. Look for a comment from me at 1 p.m.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Every press release I've seen states that the recall is only for the 3.5 V-6 engine. It specifically states that the recall is for 2015-2017 Accords, so I'm not sure I would waste time going to the dealership yet unless you're already going for some other reason.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No problems at all. The car runs perfectly and has 18k miles.

Wednesday morning at 11 a.m. CST. Look for a comment from me at 1 p.m.
Just came back from my dealership. They don't have the detailed information sheet from Honda yet, but they confirmed that there is a safety recall. They said I will receive a letter by mail soon from Honda Canada, then they will contact me to give me an appointment.

Feeling so upset today, I went to the garage this morning and saw a crack on my windshield. I don't recall anything hit my windshield recently and the car was parked in the garage since last Sunday. But dealership said it's not a stress crack, they said there is a tiny sign of impact underneath the wiper so the warranty won't cover it, and they give me an estimate of $1530 for replacement & camera recalibration. :cry:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I bet if you guys wait until you receive an actual recall notice in the mail, you could call, confirm the availability of parts, and then get the repair done.

I've only bought one car from my dealer, so I'm probably just not understanding the urgency here.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Every press release I've seen states that the recall is only for the 3.5 V-6 engine. It specifically states that the recall is for 2015-2017 Accords, so I'm not sure I would waste time going to the dealership yet unless you're already going for some other reason.
I've bought two cars from the dealer and I want to see what this is all about.

Just came back from my dealership. They don't have the detailed information sheet from Honda yet, but they confirmed that there is a safety recall. They said I will receive a letter by mail soon from Honda Canada, then they will contact me to give me an appointment.

Feeling so upset today, I went to the garage this morning and saw a crack on my windshield. I don't recall anything hit my windshield recently and the car was parked in the garage since last Sunday. But dealership said it's not a stress crack, they said there is a tiny sign of impact underneath the wiper so the warranty won't cover it, and they give me an estimate of $1530 for replacement & camera recalibration. :cry:
View attachment 521180
That's awful. The windshield, that is...
And the part is not available? I was told this would all be over and done with in one visit. Come in, get the part and move on...
Again, sorry for the bad luck re windshield.

I bet if you guys wait until you receive an actual recall notice in the mail, you could call, confirm the availability of parts, and then get the repair done.

I've only bought one car from my dealer, so I'm probably just not understanding the urgency here.
I'm retired and ornery and I'm going to the dealer (Bob Brady Honda in the soybean capital of the world) just to make sure they are not bamboozeling me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The image @zacmartha posted does say:
Service Parts NOT AVAILABLE
I received an email from NHTSA overnight. There is indeed a recall notice posted for the 2018-2019 Accord. Apparently, there is a problem with the fuel pump on certain models.

I went to the NHTSA website to check my VIN number. It did not show my 2018 Accord under recall. I have a hybrid so the recall might not be applicable.

I have an oil change scheduled with my Honda dealer in two weeks. I guess that I will get an update then.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts