Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Registered
zacmartha, it took 1.5 hours for my service. The service mgr said that service time would get closer to one hour as more recalls were completed. He smiled when he said that because he knew there would not be that many cars in the recall.
Anyhow, good luck and work on them to replace your windshield.
Thank you for the update, NoEgo.
They ordered windshield on Tuesday and said will have it by next Monday. I will have to drop off my car next Tuesday before 7am to the dealership so they can do the replacement & recalibration. They said they will try to finish the work before 4pm so I can get the car back the same day.
For the fuel pump, my service advisor told me I might have to wait until late July. Honda Canada still don't have the parts available :confused:

Registered
They sometimes do.
Manufacturers typically keep dealers apprised of updates, pretty quickly, if not only for the fact that there may be vehicles sitting on lots at the time, either for sale, or for service appointments...that have been identified as falling under that recall.
Vehicles cannot be sold unless those recalls have been completed.
If it's also determined to be a "safety recall" then those vehicles cannot be test driven, either, except by a technician, or employee.
Some excellent points made here. But, let's not forget the impact of the almighty buck on the dealer's so called good will call. Another benefit they receive on recalls is that it costs you nothing: yet, they get fully reimbused by Honda for all they do on it.

Registered
Some excellent points made here. But, let's not forget the impact of the almighty buck on the dealer's so called good will call. Another benefit they receive on recalls is that it costs you nothing: yet, they get fully reimbused by Honda for all they do on it.
True, but here's the other point, that some don't realize:

Mrs. Brown goes in on the day after said recall is sent out by Honda, for a routine service..
Big City Honda service manager informs her," By the way, Mrs. Brown, we just got notice that you car need a johnson rod update per Honda..." do you want to do it now...or reschedule??
She says "fine"... johnson rod gets installed and then Gladys goes home to her bridge club circle that night...and and starts telling them, "oh yes...Big City Honda just had my car in today, and there was a recall, on my 2017 Accord, so they did it.."
Her friend says, "What? I never got notified from Big City Honda? I was in there just two days ago??! The nerve, Gladys!!"

It is not only financially savvy for Big City Honda to inform their customers, but in this age of social media, where everyone has to get on Yelp! or Google and post about "how awful it was that their steamed broccoli was a little wilted at their favorite restaurant"...only 27 and one half minutes after they left the restaurant... it's also a smart way to run a business.

Registered
Yes, rear seat is removed. Time - more or less 60 minutes.
That's fast - My dealer said they need 2 hours to do the job. I booked an appointment next next week.

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
That's fast - My dealer said they need 2 hours to do the job. I booked an appointment next next week.
Approximately 90 minutes from the time I arrived until the time I left the dealership. So, actual time in the shop was +/- one hour.

Registered
i still have yet to see a recall notice when I look up my VIN, but my car was manufactured Jan 2019 which according to some of the pictures shared here, means it is apparently affected by this recall. Should i try calling my dealership and asking about it?

Registered
Just got an alert for a recall expansion for the fuel pump replacement on CarFax Car Care. It鈥檚 dated 3/26/2021 and there鈥檚 no NHTSA recall number assigned yet. Doesn鈥檛 show on Honda鈥檚 site either but when I called the dealer and they ran my VIN, it showed up.
I have a 鈥19 2.0.

Might want to give your dealer a call and double check.

Registered
Has to be part of the Denso recall, I'd imagine?

Super Moderator
TSB 21-027
Safety Recall: 2019 Accord 2.0T Fuel Pump Motor

TSB 21-039
Safety Recall: Multi-Model Fuel Pump Motor
Includes 2019-2020 Accord 1.5T and 2019 Accord Hybrid

Attachments

Registered
Looks like my 2019 hybrid is included. Planning on getting service done in late April - hope they have parts by then.

Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
Hey Honda, you know what might be "Helpful"? IF YOU LIST THE FRICKING AFFECTED VINS IN YOUR FRICKING BULLETIN!!! :mad:

Registered
I received a call from my local Honda Dealership noting there was a recall on my 2019 EX-L 2.0t Accord.

I went ahead and made an appointment to take it in yesterday. Upon picking up the vehicle, I immediately noticed it smelled like gasoline inside my car, at which point I was told that was normal for the repair that was done, and that the smell would dissipate fairly quickly.

I had filled my car up with gas the day before and it was pretty much pegged a full, and upon picking up my car, it looks like I lost nearly a quarter tank of gas in the process. I dropped the car off at 7am and was told it would take about 2-3 hours, and when I checked on the car around 11, I was told the fuel pump they put in was too loud (or making the car sound too loud), so they had to pull it out and put another one on, so I'm guessing that contributed to the amount of gas that was lost during this process.

I seem to remember there being a good amount of threads here talking about sudden engine power loss when driving, which this recall is apparently supposed to fix.

Registered
This is the notice that I received on the Honda Owner's web site, dated March 25, 2021. It specifically mentions 2019-2020 Accords, and says that parts are not yet available:

NHTSA RECALL NUMBER: 21V-215

MFR CAMPAIGN ID: AAR

CAMPAIGN DESCRIPTION: Honda Fuel Pump Motor Safety Recall Expansion Stop Sale

RECALL DATE: 03/25/2021

RECALL STATUS: Recall INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available.

SUMMARY:
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain 2019 - 2020 model year Accord 1.5T, Civic Hatchback, 2019 model year Accord Hybrid, Civic Coupe, Civic Sedan, Civic Type R, Fit, HR-V, Odyssey, Passport, Pilot, Ridgeline, and 2018 - 2019 model year CR-V vehicles that may be equipped with a fuel pump module manufactured with low density impellers. Over time, low density impellers may excessively absorb fuel and deform. Impeller deformation may cause the fuel pump to become inoperative.

SAFETY RISK:
Fuel pump inoperability could prevent an engine from starting or stall an engine while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.

REMEDY:
Remedy parts necessary to repair your vehicle are currently not available. Once remedy parts are available, Honda will notify owners and dealers will replace the fuel pump assembly for free. For additional questions or to get help locating a dealer, owners may contact American Honda Customer Support and Campaign Center at 1-888-234-2138.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts