Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

There is a recall for Honda Accord 2018\2019 "Transmission Oil Leak" at Saudi Arabia.
I called the dealer today about the recall and he said "this recall for all Accord 2018/2019 with CVT Transmission only", and he explained to me that "there is issue in (CVT oil seal) maybe when I driving my Accord in bad weather conditions such as strong winds or sandstorms may get a transmission oil leak".
and he checked for VIN Number of my car (2018 HONDA Accord Sport (1.5T / CVT) and unfortunately it was under this recall, So he booked me an appointment tomorrow for fix.

I am telling you this because the Honda Accord 10th Gen in Saudi Arabia come from USA factory, So possible this issue is common on all Accord 10th Gen with CVT

·
8th Gen Believer
3,686 Posts
^^ True that. Sandstorms in N. America aren't a problem ,,, yet.

·
Registered
878 Posts
<s>
and he explained to me that "there is issue in (CVT oil seal) maybe when I driving my Accord in bad weather conditions such as strong winds or sandstorms may get a transmission oil leak".

I am telling you this because the Honda Accord 10th Gen in Saudi Arabia come from USA factory, So possible this issue is common on all Accord 10th Gen with CVT
Thanks.

I'd be interested in knowing why strong winds and/or sandstorms would affect the transmission. A seal? Really?

Could it be the extreme heat in some areas at some times of the year?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Update:

Today I went to the dealer to fix my car, and he gave me some pictures for the issue.

The issue is a defect in the Torque Converter Case (TC Case) may cause entry of some dust and that maybe cause Transmission Oil Leak .. Unfortunately I do not have the part number for the new part.

Issue Location

Old Part

New Part

The new part has more protection from the sides.

Before two hours ago I received the car after the fix and everything is good. So, When every engine oil change I advise everyone to take a look around the transmission location (from the bottom) to make sure there is No transmission oil leak.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

I'd be interested in knowing why strong winds and/or sandstorms would affect the transmission. A seal? Really?

Could it be the extreme heat in some areas at some times of the year?
Check out my last post .. I explained everything the dealer told me about the issue

Welcome :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Thanks Khalid Al. I'll be installing a block heater next week. I'll have them inspect the transmission area. I'll bring the photos you supplied. (I'll go out on a limb and guess you don't have block heaters in S.A.!!).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Khalid Al. I'll be installing a block heater next week. I'll have them inspect the transmission area. I'll bring the photos you supplied. (I'll go out on a limb and guess you don't have block heaters in S.A.!!).
Welcome

No we don't have block heaters here.. In winter at my city the temperature does not fall below 16 C° , So I don't need it.

Good lack

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:

Today I went to the dealer to fix my car, and he gave me some pictures for the issue.

The issue is a defect in the Torque Converter Case (TC Case) may cause entry of some dust and that maybe cause Transmission Oil Leak .. Unfortunately I do not have the part number for the new part.

Issue Location
View attachment 517179

Old Part
View attachment 517169

New Part
View attachment 517170

The new part has more protection from the sides.

Before two hours ago I received the car after the fix and everything is good. So, When every engine oil change I advise everyone to take a look around the transmission location (from the bottom) to make sure there is No transmission oil leak.
Update 2:

The name of part that have issue is (Torque Converter Case)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts