Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally received my switchblade key from park acura today and took some pics of the keys.
Thanks Park Acura for the fast shipping.
I plan on getting it cut and programmed this afternoon.

UPDATE
Well I just came back from the dealership and the key was cut and programmed to work perfectly.
All of my keys actually works and he said that you can have up to 5 keys on one car so I did not lose function of one of the keys which is pretty nice.
Here are a couple pics of it cut.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Is this the one that you guys got for $75? Either way, sweet stuff

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Very nice! I love mine!!

Interesting that Joe sourced the Mem 2 model... I had that one with my '08 coupe (got it via ebay for 34$ back then). Doesn't matter on our cars, since we don't have seat memory settings.

I'm glad he made it happen for you guys...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this the one that you guys got for $75? Either way, sweet stuff
yep, this is the one. On my way to get this thing programmed and cut.
Will update this when I get back.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on first post.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Sweet! I am curious to know if that key is considered a master because i was given two keys with car and only one works with the gas tank lock and rear seat locks - i believe the other was just a valet even though it had the alarm fob to it -

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet! I am curious to know if that key is considered a master because i was given two keys with car and only one works with the gas tank lock and rear seat locks - i believe the other was just a valet even though it had the alarm fob to it -
Hmmm that is interesting.
I was given 2 master keys and a valet key when I bought the car.
Now with the TSX Switchblade, I have 3 master keys.
All of them unlocks the glove box, and the trunk lock except for the valet key.

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
Yep, I got mine yesterday and had it cut and programed today. $40.00 to cut and program.

The girl at the service desk thought it was really cool and was surprised anything from Acura would work on a Honda :lmao:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good but I must say the cut that you have on your key looks pretty weird lol
haha Yeah my key has a weird pattern.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Dam, I guess I missed the boat on this one. I think I was still sour from the one I bought on eBay that didn’t work worth a dam. Hopefully this deal comes back around one day :paranoid:

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Hey, if I was to go out and buy this key full price would I be looking for a TSX key? Any particular year? Thanks…..

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Hey, if I was to go out and buy this key full price would I be looking for a TSX key? Any particular year? Thanks…..
Yes there is a particular year, i don't recall it... :)

Just go to the link that was provide for the group buy and just buy it there, you most likely wont get the GB price but you can get the official key that works.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe you have to look for the TSX switchblade that is 2009 and older.
2010 won't work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts