Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking delivery on my new 2015 Accord Sport. Where do I start with mods? Is the cold air intake difficult to do on the Accord? Is there anything else I should consider doing? I Like the sleeper look and I'm not keen on do anything too serious. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Depends entirely on what's important to you. Plenty of options that are fairly easy. I didn't do much at all until I put in a new sound system with no experience... Now I'm an avid DIY'er. Budget the stuff out and figure out what your list is and just start ticking stuff off.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You can find alot of mods to do, just depends on what you are look/enhancement you are going for.

You can find some things on the classified section.

I'm selling the SRI from my sport if you're interested. Depending on your location an SRI might be better than a CAI.

Install wasn't too bad. The main things people do first are the lighting (inside and out)

Reactions: Pdubois

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't post very often,but I have a 14 Sport 6 speed.

Things I've done...

Wheel locks. Sport wheels are high theft items.If thieves really want them they'll still get them but a set of locks will slow them down.
LED interior lights/reverse lights/marker lights

Red floorwell accent lights,there's a DIY on it.$10 on parts instead of what Honda charges $125 retail?

Maxpider 3D all season floor mats.OEM mats start looking like crap within weeks.

K/N drop in air filter...Some people say good and bad on them.Personally I like them.I've used them on 1990 Civic,1997 Civic,1998 Tacoma,2000 Tacoma,2009 Civic and my current 14 Accord.Only issue I've had are dirty MAF sensor code on the 00 Tacoma which is cleared with some electrical parts cleaner.I recommend them.Pays for itself in short time if you plan on keeping the car.

Trunk mat and mud flaps/splash guards.

OPTIONAL..Studded snow tires on rims.If you live at 9100 feet in the land of eternal winter they come in handy:wink.

I'm happy with my Accord.... looks great,30+MPG for me,reliable and minimal maintenance.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I don't post very often,but I have a 14 Sport 6 speed.

Things I've done...

Wheel locks. Sport wheels are high theft items.If thieves really want them they'll still get them but a set of locks will slow them down.
LED interior lights/reverse lights/marker lights

Red floorwell accent lights,there's a DIY on it.$10 on parts instead of what Honda charges $125 retail?

Maxpider 3D all season floor mats.OEM mats start looking like crap within weeks.

K/N drop in air filter...Some people say good and bad on them.Personally I like them.I've used them on 1990 Civic,1997 Civic,1998 Tacoma,2000 Tacoma,2009 Civic and my current 14 Accord.Only issue I've had are dirty MAF sensor code on the 00 Tacoma which is cleared with some electrical parts cleaner.I recommend them.Pays for itself in short time if you plan on keeping the car.

Trunk mat and mud flaps/splash guards.

OPTIONAL..Studded snow tires on rims.If you live at 9100 feet in the land of eternal winter they come in handy:wink.

I'm happy with my Accord.... looks great,30+MPG for me,reliable and minimal maintenance.
How much better mpg has the KN air filter given you?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Upgrade the Horn.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How much better mpg has the KN air filter given you?
I don't think the K/N really impacts the gas mileage much.It's more the fact that the engine breathes better and I'll never have to replace the filter for the life of the car.Just clean it and re-oil it every 25k miles.

·
Yo Yo Ma
416 Posts
First thing I did was the tint then the floors mats, Husky Liners off Amazon for $125

·
No PRND
749 Posts
Intake, test pipe (if you have 6mt), swaybars, and count the days until you can put on better tires. Simple mods that make a big difference. Well, the FSB isn't so simple.

·
Registered
95 Posts
OK now that I think harder I've also done....

20% tint(my 1st mod)
19mm TSX rear sway bar
College Hills Honda horn upgrade
yellow fog light overlays(sitting on the counter waiting to be installed)

·
Registered
27 Posts
i pretty much drove my accord off the lot straight to the tint shop. then I upgraded the lights exterior/interior, debadged, upgraded the horn and put in SRI

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
you should just go through the forum and see what mods ppl made and fits your liking...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts