Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm a newbie here....one of those guys who SWOREW I'd never own a honda, yet here I am and overall I love the car I just got Saturday, but the zip and handling is lacking from the srt crossfire I was used to.

I ordered wheels, billet grille, will be going w either bilstein or tein ss coilovers this week (unless you have other suggestions, I'm new to this, so send them).

I am not looking to race, but def want to add some zip and stability in the corners, while remaining faily comfortable.

Outside of the items above, what would my best bang for say $1,000 be to improve handling and performance. I realize not a ton, but I'm over budget on the car as is

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
Since you ordered wheels, I'd say start with coilovers. Not only will they help you with the wheels you said you ordered, but they will improve both the appearance and the handling of your car.

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
Then for performance, it really depends on budget. There's been a lot to come out within the last few months.

Bang for your buck, for 200-300 you can get the Unorthodox Racing crank pulley. You will definitely notice the difference with this mod. A dyno by a member on here showed a gain of 20 ft lbs of torque and 16hp (i think off the top of my head) to his wheels. Definitely a mod you'll notice. Then there's P2R throttle body spacers, gaskets, runners, etc. The spacer is a very inexpensive bolt on!

Also, if you are looking for inexpensive exhaust changes, check out the Megan test pipe, for under 100 it will remove your stock catalytic converter to increase flow!

·
NJDR
862 Posts
1) lightweight crank pulley
2) ATLP Jpipe w/ test pipe or Richies Longtube jpipe
3) intake
4) CBE

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Hood Scoop

:paranoid:

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Tein S. Tech springs and Tokico Blues! Drop 2 in. in the front and 1.2 in the rear. Smooth ride, drops the fenders right above the tires (no gaping hole between tire and fenderwell) and eliminates a lot of body roll. Hugs the turns real nice. Got mine on eBay, I think I paid $150 for the springs and $300 for all four shocks, all shipped.

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
Is it auto?

And in any case, no matter what you do, it will never corner very well. But it will go in a straight line reasonably well, considering what it is.

And for 1,000...if spent on just performance mods, like others said - J-pipe, CAI, TB Spacer and the ported/polished intake manifold. That could actually be just over 1,000.

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
Tein S. Tech springs and Tokico Blues! Drop 2 in. in the front and 1.2 in the rear. Smooth ride, drops the fenders right above the tires (no gaping hole between tire and fenderwell) and eliminates a lot of body roll. Hugs the turns real nice. Got mine on eBay, I think I paid $150 for the springs and $300 for all four shocks, all shipped.
Unless something new is out, no aftermarket shocks exist for the 08+ Accord.

·
Car Customizer/Consultant
780 Posts
Unless something new is out, no aftermarket shocks exist for the 08+ Accord.
he drives a 7th gen so he may think hes in the 7th gen section.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I see alot of talk about intakes, jpipes, test pipes, cbe, throttle body spacers ... Should all this be done in a particular order?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pulley my chain

Bang for your buck, for 200-300 you can get the Unorthodox Racing crank pulley. You will definitely notice the difference with this mod. A dyno by a member on here showed a gain of 20 ft lbs of torque and 16hp (i think off the top of my head) to his wheels. !
So what's the difference in weight between a UR pulley (in Al I assume) and a stock 09 6/6? Are the stockers cast iron? I have trouble believing a gain of 20 lbs of torque with this mod. I can see a faster rev spin-up due to reduced weight but overall ... doubt persists. I went on the UR website and there were a bunch of dyno graphs but most all were unidentified. Don't want to precip on anybody's parade of mods but like a lot of bling I think it's more wishful believing than actual performance.

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
I gotta pull up the numbers but there is a 80-90% reduction in weight with this pulley. If you put the stock one in one hand the UR one in the other you'd be AMAZED at how much the weight difference is.

The reduction in rotational mass on your engine is really undeniable. I didn't expect the torque numbers to be even as high as Jorge stated, but can't really deny the dyno. Pretty amazing mod for the money. And this unlike some of the others is one you will bolt on and immediately notice! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts