Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
09 coupe love
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is everybody using? pics pics pics ;] not enough info in the other thread about this from May-ish..

-robbiej

·
Registered
222 Posts
My iphone 4 is in the mail, not sure what I'm doing either.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Get a bluetooth hands free. Your phone never has to come out of your pocket.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do a forum search for phone mounts, there is a online store that has some really good mounts for the Iphone 4. I just place mine in the cup holder. If I leave it in my pocket, I don't get as good coverage. I will do a search and see if I can find the site.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
I have the iPhone 4 and problem with leaving bleutooth + 3G + Data on is that the battery drains so fast! Especially with bluetooth on.
I charge my Iphone 3G every night. Unless I surf a lot, my battery lasts the whole day. I used to turn my 3G and bluetooth off but found out that doesn't affect the battery life that much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the iPhone 4 and problem with leaving bleutooth + 3G + Data on is that the battery drains so fast! Especially with bluetooth on.
I do IT for a living and all my email plus web browsing, text is done on my Iphone 4. If I charge it at night, then it usually will last until I get home. Pretty good battery.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i use my iphone 4 with my exl bluetooth best thing ever

·
1,927 Posts
I just switched to Sprint and I'm very happy with the carrier and my Samsung Transform - sort of a slightly smaller Epic without the added expense of 4G. I'm looking to use the phone to replace my GPS and MP3 player. I know it's not going to be quite as good as a standalone GPS or MP3 player, but I like the idea of simplifying things.

Has anybody had experience with this Accessory Power unit or one of its siblings that are made especially for iPhones? It looks like it has potential.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use my iPhone with Navigon GPS and it is so good that my wife now has my Garmin Nuvi. I have a cheap $4 mount and it's not worth it. Can't get the suction cup to stick well enough. Someone told me TJMax or Marshalls has some and the suction cup is as good as his garmin gps.

·
1,927 Posts
The good things I see about the Accessory Power unit:

- it holds the phone in GPS position
- it has a USB port for charging a phone
- it connects to an FM transmitter to play tunes (and incoming calls) over the car speakers

The GPS, hands-free, and MP3 capabilities are less than standalones, but the all-in-one concept is really interesting to me. It's be nice to have all those things without cables all over the place.

I'd be interested n knowing whether it's a POS or something worthwhile compared to other options.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts