Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was looking this weekend for the OEM rubber refills and it looks like they were discontinued. It seems you can only buy the whole blade assembly for about $30 apiece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Uh what? I just drove to the dealer a few days ago and bought them. They had plenty.
Use a moist towelette on your blades and they'll be renewed for a little while. You'll see the towelette turn black from all the oxidized crud that's removed from the blade. I compare it to restoring your headlights - not as good as new but quite a bit better.

I used to use Silblades before they changed ownership. They were amazing, but they just don't seem to be the same
I've bough Rain-X, Michelin, and Bosch in the past for my vehicles. My last Accord has the Michelins. From my experience using Windex to get the crud off the blades didn't blacken and blacken the cloth, the OEM wipers seem to never stop blackening the cloth so I think they're breaking down as the Windex dissolves it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Uh what? I just drove to the dealer a few days ago and bought them. They had plenty.

I've bough Rain-X, Michelin, and Bosch in the past for my vehicles. My last Accord has the Michelins. From my experience using Windex to get the crud off the blades didn't blacken and blacken the cloth, the OEM wipers seem to never stop blackening the cloth so I think they're breaking down as the Windex dissolves it.
Yeah, I was looking online at the Honda parts websites. I’m sure the dealers still have inventory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
108 Posts
Never even thought about replacing just the inserts with OEM. I've always bought aftermarket. Just replaced the wipers with Bosch Icons and they work really well. I'm sure the OEM ones work fine as well, as this is the first wiper change I've done on this 2019 Sport 2.0T with 38k miles and have had it for about 18 months.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been using OEM inserts on my 9th gen Sport since new (now my son's car) and will continue using them with my 2020 Sport 2.0T. They work great and are easy to install.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's weird how good the OEM wipers and oil filters are. The brake pads are also very good, but I've had better, and will get better, when Hawk makes their ceramics for gen 10.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After trying several, I settled on Michelins sold in Costco. When on sale it is I believe 4.50 a pop so $9 for a pair of 2. Why bother hassle going to the dealer and pay more for OEM inserts?

·
Super Moderator
1,577 Posts
After trying several, I settled on Michelins sold in Costco. When on sale it is I believe 4.50 a pop so $9 for a pair of 2. Why bother hassle going to the dealer and pay more for OEM inserts?
One reason I can think of is the OE inserts may last longer and perform better than the Michelins. It might not matter what brand of bottled water or sack of flour I buy, but when it comes to toilet paper and wiper inserts, well... :)

·
Registered
Accords: 2020 Touring 2.0T (current) Previous: 2006 LX I4, 2011 EXL-V6, 2014 EXL I4, 2007 SE I4
1,229 Posts
I’d stick with the OEM wipers with inserts. $10-15. The wiper inserts last for a year too, unless it rains everyday where you live.... can’t ask for better value really.

·
19 EX-L 2.0 Obsidian Blue
51 Posts
Still running OE on my Accord but, have been happy with Bosch Icon on other vehicles in the 'harsh' climate of San Diego.

·
Registered
72 Posts
part numbers for the replacement blades? 19 sport?

or a good link to a parts catalog?

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
sorry, for the replacement Rubber, not the Full EOM part number for the frame as indicated earlier in this thread

·
Registered
72 Posts
grabbed them at the dealer....16.54 for both, had them on
in a few minutes...wont use anything else...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts