Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just found my driver side CV Axle has gone bad on my 99 V6 Sedan.

Doing some searching, I have found that this is a common issue and read some posts of folks mentioning certain aftermarket replacements are better than OEM, due to some revisions that correct a flawed OEM design.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality aftermarket CV Axle for my 99 V6 Sedan?

Thank you all

·
Rollin in FL
1,173 Posts
Hello all,

Just found my driver side CV Axle has gone bad on my 99 V6 Sedan.

Doing some searching, I have found that this is a common issue and read some posts of folks mentioning certain aftermarket replacements are better than OEM, due to some revisions that correct a flawed OEM design.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality aftermarket CV Axle for my 99 V6 Sedan?

Thank you all
Never ever go with NAPA CV axles unless you want to deal with an endless episodes of transmission fluid leaks (NAPA CV Axles don't fit with OEM Honda seals). Had this happen to me on both CV Axles (Driver side was replaced at an indie mech, passenger side was replaced at Honda), and car was constantly going back and forth for leaks once the Axles were replaced to NAPA. Took sooo many months to get these leaks fixed, but at one point it drained the entire trans fluid and threw a CEL code while my dad was driving. Better to stick with OEM if you are thinking about NAPA or any generic auto parts store CV axles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Magiconthetire

·
Registered
4,666 Posts

·
VCM DELETE
784 Posts
I 2nd- Raxles. If it were my car thats what I would use. Dont even think of going to autozone or NAPA, you will be in for a headache.

·
Banned
14,429 Posts
^What @greg1c said....also, @visionguru and @WDHewson have had good luck with SurTrak/Trakmotive here:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow excellent input guys! I appreciate it!!

·
!#@$!$# NO CARRIER
33 Posts
Ditto on Raxles. They're located here in Gainesville, so I was able to save on shipping by just driving over and picking up the new axles and dropping off the old units. Friendly, knowledgeable people. And the parts, well, they're VERY well put-together. I was highly impressed with the build quality. MUCH better than anything you'll get at the local parts store. These things'll likely outlast the car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the front axles replaced in both of my Accords with aftermarket parts. I can't remember which brand I used specifically but they've been in there at least 5 years or more with no problems. I wouldn't stress it too much and definitely don't spend the extra money for OEM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts