Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
192K miles, the time has come for me to replace rotors, pads and calipers.
The mechanic said rear pads are worn and the caliper on one side is rubbing on the wheel and needs replacement.
The rotors originally came with the car so I am ready to replace them too.

Any recommendations on where I can buy a full set of rotors, pads and calipers?.

For pads and rotors I found amazon.com has some good stuff. Bosch, Akebono etc.

For calipers, I am not sure. I need good quality, but not pay the steep price for OEM.
I keep hearing rock auto.. saw that they have a "Premium" set powder coated in red for $270
Trying to decide.. any recommendations?.
I can get OEM for about $400 plus another $100 for the rotors and pads. Should I buy OEM?

·
Registered
611 Posts
For pads/rotors, check Maxx Brakes. For calipers, I use Rock Auto. All of this is a lot cheaper than OEM.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Many aftermarket companies use the same OEM Honda "cores" for their rebuilds, so I've never seen remanufactured calipers having many issues.
No need to buy OEM, really..
I've had very good luck with Wagner rotors and pads, but there are many good aftermarket companies out there....among then Centric, Akebono, EBC, etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many aftermarket companies use the same OEM Honda "cores" for their rebuilds, so I've never seen remanufactured calipers having many issues.
No need to buy OEM, really..
I've had very good luck with Wagner rotors and pads, but there are many good aftermarket companies out there....among then Centric, Akebono, EBC, etc.
I am ok with remanufactured OEM with Honda cores as you say it.. where can I find these?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Have you checked Rock Auto? They have rebuild calipers...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you checked Rock Auto? They have rebuild calipers...
I didnt see any rebuilt ones at rockauto.. I found a different site that sells rebuilt calipers but bizzarely, the cost of the rebuilt ones appears to be higher than OEM

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think there are many good rotors out there, it is the calipers that are a hit or a miss, that I am more concerned about choosing right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts