Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So those of you who have been here on DA for a while have probably read about my possible ongoing problems with the suspension/steering components. Basically, I have had to deal with the loose steering, ride harshness (particularly when going through bumps) and my car feels like it kind of leans a little unnaturally at times.

I had once thought that these could have to do with my old OEM tires while I still had them, but I replaced my tires just about 6000 miles ago and these problems are still there. I also did a 4 wheel alignment after the tire replacement but the problems are still there.

I have also been to a Honda dealer closeby and a couple other indie shops prior to the tire change, but they all found no problems with my suspension. :dunno:

I am getting kind of frustrated at this point, and sometimes even have had thoughts of trading this car in for something else (even though I really don't want to do it because I otherwise LOVE the car and can't really afford doing this since I'm a student working part-time) .

Anyway, now with my next oil change coming up soon, I am now thinking about perhaps going to another Honda dealer in the area. So my question for all of our fellow members is, do you know a Honda dealer in the MD/DC area that is really good and helpful in diagnosing problems for their customers, and charge reasonably for their services, instead of always giving the "your car is fine" line or trying to push for BS services like my dealer has done to me?

Any input is greatly appreciated! :)

·
2009 v6 Accord Coupe BBP
33 Posts
College Park Honda has a lifetime warranty. And their service is open on Sundays.

"Exclusive Lifetime Warranty - DETAILS OF COVERAGE

The components covered will be the exact same as the Factory “Powertrain” Warranty and including:

Engine: Cylinder block and head and all internal parts, intake manifold, timing gears and gaskets, timing chain/belt and cover, flywheel, valve covers, oil pan, oil pump, engine mounts, turbocharger housing and all internal parts, supercharger housing and all internal parts, engine control computer, water pump, fuel pump, seals and gaskets.

Transmission & Transaxle: Case and all internal parts, torque converter, clutch cover, transmission mounts, transfer case and all internal parts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets.

Front Wheel Drive System: Final drive housing and all internal parts, axle shafts, drive shaft, constant velocity joints, front hub and bearings, seals and gaskets.

Rear Wheel Drive System: Axle housing & all internal parts, propeller shaft, u-joints, axle shaft, drive shaft, bearings, supports, seals and gaskets"

if you modify any of those listed, it will not be covered by the warranty.

MD dealerships have a $100 cap dealership fees, VA ones will have higher ones. Ourisman dealerships have relatively lower prices, but have the highest appearance package charge.
Rosenthal (Landmark&Fairfax) dealerships have fair prices, $595 appearance packages, and have a massive amount of inventory between the two.
Criswell is #1 in volume lately, and pushes more cares than anyone in VA for Honda. You can probably find an edge over there because they move a lot.
Maryland 2011 Odyssey prices crush VA Odyssey prices.
Rosenthal dealerships will have probably give you the best deals on Accord. They have focused on losing money on Accords to push, and keep their gross on the pilots and odysseys.
College Park's lifetime warranty is legitimate in most cases, so long as you follow Honda's scheduled maintenance.
Sheehy is a joke.
Browns is one of those no hassle, you like the price, then go get your car. For the weak consumer who does not have the balls to negotiate.
Landmark Honda usually has the strongest district service CSI (customer satisfactory index).
idk anything about pohanka. bill page is hit and miss for most people.

Top IMO:
Landmark Honda
Criswell Honda
College Park Honda

PM if you pick a dealership, I'm in new car sales and can point you in the right direction, or at least the right sales person.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the detailed response.

I agree with most of what you said, the funny thing is, I've been taking my car to Criswell. They seem to have decent service department and they have good prices for the most part, but they somehow just seem to not able to find anything wrong with my car's suspension the last few times I took it in there. They either told me my car was fine or tried to push for other unrelated (imo) services like power steering flush, balancing, brakes... what does brake have anything to do with suspension? so of course I declined ( I did get my front brakes done later else where for 2/3 the price + better parts). I had two 4-wheel alignments done at Criswell, and it seems that they haven't helped much as far as the problems I am having with the car. My car does track pretty straight now after the alignment on a straight road though.

I haven't been to or heard of Landmark Honda yet, so I'll have to look into it. I did a little search and found that Mileone Heritage Honda of Parkville seems to be pretty good too. I checked their site and they seem to have fair pricing too. Have you heard about this dealership (particularly the service department)? What's your take on them?

As far as car sales department. I guess I mentioned trading in my car out of frustration. Being a fulltime grad student, I am not really in a position to buy a new car again (not anytime soon). Even if I were, it'd probably be the last resort because I really love my car otherwise. Thanks for the info though.

·
2009 v6 Accord Coupe BBP
33 Posts
no problem.

never heard of mileone honda but i just looked it up and baltimore dealerships arn't in the same district as the ones I know about.

good luck! most people go to non-dealership service garages because they "tend" to have better service. and service advisors at dealerships will slap on random stuff because theres commission involved.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response.

I guess I will do more research before deciding on this dealership then. Worse case scenario, they still can't find anything wrong, and I'll still have a car that gets good gas mileage (but not great like it once did).

I did visit a few other independent shops a while ago. For some reason, none of them seem to be able to find anything wrong with my car's suspension either... :dunno:

I don't know, all I can say is that, I know something isn't right just judging by the way it drives, and all I am looking for is someone who is willing to take the time to carefully look over the car for me (I'll pay for inspection) and be able to fix the problems at a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I guess I could.

But have you been there or heard about their service department in particular? Do you have any particular experience with their service there that you would like to share?

·
Registered
325 Posts
dude dont go to college park honda, take my word for it. they have always provided shiesty service and they lie about their prices always trying to screw the customer over. not only have they given me terrible customer service, my sister as well as my father had nothing but bad things to say about their services. google it, im not making this shit up. if you want to go to a dealership that is a little better, go to the one in rockville.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts